Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Advice

tag
mandar13077
Established Member

Need Some Advice

Hello. I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice on what I need to do or not do. It's kinda long, but I wanted to make sure that I provided as much info as I could.

Some background....I’m in my late 30’s and I started my financial journey In September 2012 with a sore of 622 according to Myfico. I did a lot of GW'ing CA's that were reporting my baddies, which were probably around 7-8. Some of them dropped off before I could get to them. I pulled my scores today from Myfico and it said that I'm at 668 EX, 694 EQ, and 699 TU and  grateful for my journey. I was able to finance a new vehicle at a rate of 4.76% considering my last vehicle was at 18.99% in 2005.

I currently have the cards below and ensure that I pay them in full expect my BOA which is on 0% until September 2014. The Best Buy card I just opened to buy a computer and it is at 0% for 18 months. I also have an installment loan for my vehicle and the balance on it is roughly 28K and I also try to pay more than my minimum due each month.

Since I use my Cap1 and BOA cards the most should I use them and then make multiple payments during the month or use it and pay the balance before my statement actually prints? Would it be better to let a small balance, say less than $50, roll over on one of the cards?

Card 

Bal/Limit

Sears - Mine

0/2300

Sears - AU

0/1000

Cap 1

1171/2250

Cap 1

56/320

BOA

1113/1500

Best Buy

1185/2000

I have 2 derogs on my CBR and I need some advice on them.

According to EX this is supposed to be deleted in August 2014 – not sure if this is accurate. This appears on my EX and TU CBR. I disputed this on all 3 and EQ was the only one that removed it. The other two validated even though I sent them a DV. I never received anything back after the 2nd dispute on CBR. Not sure if I should do anything or just ride it out. The other “joint” stated that it was removed from all of her CBR’s but I am not sure how accurate that is.

NCC BUSINESS SERVICES

Agency Address:

3733 University Blvd W Jacksonville FL

Date Reported:

12/2008

Date of Status:

02/2009  

Creditor Classification:

Collection  

Creditor Name:

WELLINGTON PLACE  

Account Number:

17XXXXXXX  

Account Owner:

Joint Account.  

Original Amount Owned:

$650  

Last Reported Date:

03/2014  

Balance Owned:

$650  

Status Date:

2/2009

D - Unpaid  

Comments:

Collection account

According to EX this is supposed to be deleted in July 2015 – not sure if this is accurate as well. This one I would be willing to do a PFD, but I haven’t had any luck with correspondence with the CA.

MAR JOE ENTERPRISES DBA CR

Agency Address:

Bureau/Collections 10368 Wallace Alley St

Date Reported:

10/2013  

Date Assigned:

07/2009  

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care  

Creditor Name:

G LARRY DDS  

Account Number:

14XXXXXXX  

Account Owner:

Individual Account.  

Original Amount Owned:

$133  

Date of 1 st Delinquency:

10/2008  

Balance Date:

10/2013  

Balance Owned:

$133  

Last Payment Date:

Status Date:

10/2013  

D - Unpaid  

Comments:

Collection account

These my not seem like a lot, but it is to me. I started out with small goals and I was able to obtain it. My next goal is to have over 700 across the board.

My last question…not sure if I should ask on this board or not. My mom asked me to help her get her house refinanced and is now wanting to put my name on it. Question…will it hurt or help me by having my name on her mortgage? The balance is around 48K and is for 15 years. Yes, I would be able to pay for it if something were to happen to her. I guess I am just thinking about the future in all of this.

TIA for any advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
polno1234
Contributor

Re: Need Some Advice

you first question is easy 1-9% util on one card and the rest report zero balance. to the second question on what basis are you diputing with. if all the info they have "gotten" from the ca is what is on your report then it is considered validated by the cra's. sending a dv letter does not necessitate a response from the ca. if you know the dofd we can go from there.to the third all you can do is 1 pfd it 2 pif and have it be reported as pif on cr and try to gw them to remove it.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.