Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Serious Help With ERC / At&t

tag
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Some Serious Help With ERC / At&t

My guess is, AT&T will pull it back and you can get it cleared up.

Mortgage company will probably be happy as long as it shows paid anyway.

But, that said, as was pointed out, you should have made sure AT&T would pull the collection back first.  They probably will anyway, but you won't know for at least a couple of days, then you need to confirm with AT&T.

Yes, I had a similar thing when I was buying a house, but in my case, the AT&T collection wasn't mine.  It was only for $75 or so.  Since it wasn't mine, I was able to get it taken care of pretty quickly.  I understand having virtually no patience when it comes to this type of thing!!!!   Smiley Happy

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They wouldn't pull it back now to dispute with cra?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

you could gw them they have no reason to report  the debt as it has been settled if they give you a hard time---- you could do bbb upload the receipt  this usually makes them close it out within 2-3 days !!

Message 13 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once the OC was paid, there was no longer a debt.  Thus, any collection authority assigned by the OC was terminated.

The OC provided that notification to their debt collector, which required only that the debt collector then close their collection and update the balance under their collection to read $0.

The OC cannot recall their assignment retroactively.  Its done.

As for the prior request for validation, a DV only imposes a cease collection bar, it does not set a periof for or a requiremnt to validate.

Since the debt is now paid and the collection terminated, the issue of a cease collection bar is now moot.

They continue to have no requiement to send validation,and now have no reason to do so.  I would not expect any response to the DV.

I see no violations,and would pursue by was of contineud GW requests, possibly escalaing to upper management.

Initiating BBB and/or CFPB complaints is not apt to further their feelings of good-will.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.