Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need To Purchase A Computer While Rebuilding My Credit

tag
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Re: Need To Purchase A Computer While Rebuilding My Credit

Agree but they are user friendly for those who don't want to be too involved in using a pc.
Sent from my android.
Message 11 of 16
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Without getting into a Mac vs PC war, I say BS. You want to spend $1500 more, no problem.  But if you have to finance it then I say it is a big problem.

Message 12 of 16
joywilli
Established Member

Thanks for all of your feedback, I really appreciate it.  Will take it in consideration.  Have a great day!

Joyce W.

Message 13 of 16
joywilli
Established Member

Thanks, not a big fan of Dell but will consider.

Message 14 of 16
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand financing a computer in today's market.  If necessary, buy something to use while you save for what you want. I purchased my laptop from delloutlet .com for $300, refurb, free shipping, had a 20% off coupon, 15.6" screen, came as if it was new with a 1 yr warranty. I purchased my desktop from a thrift store for $20, 250 gb hard drive, cd/dvd burner... And there's craigslist. 

When you're rebuilding, get what you need, until you can pay outright for what you want. I lived by this for the past 5 years, and as a single mom of 3, barely making over minimum wage, and closing next month on my first home, I think it has paid off. My most recent scores are pushing up against 700, we have 4 flat screen tvs, 2 desktops, one laptop (was 2, but one was stolen), a tablet, 2 Wii systems, and 2 ipod touch players. I have bought every last one used or refurbished with cash and paid less than $1500 total, and they all do what they are expected to do.  You don't need to pay extra for a package!

Good luck!

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
joywilli
Established Member

Thanks very much.  Excellent advise!  I appreciate you sharing your experience.  I'm just looking for options and have created a budget so what you are saying is definitely in line of what I am going to accomplish.  Discipline is the KEY!  Thanks again! 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.