cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need To raise my score!!!!!!

tag
tbarino

Need To raise my score!!!!!!

Hi all!!!! First, I love this site, I've learned sooooo much. I'm on the forums EVERYDAY!!! Lol! Okay,here's my issue:
I recently paid down about $8,000.00 worth of cc debt, I still have $3,500.00 left. Problem is, my hours at work have been reduced and therefore my cash for re-payment has also been reduced. (Bummer :-/) In addition to this, I opened up a new cc account & used it for one large purchase. I'm sure you've all figured out by now, my scores have dropped because of this ........ 31pts!!!!!! I feel so horrible, but have no one to blame but myself. So here's the question, what course of action can I take to raise my scores in the quickest possible way??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Need To raise my score!!!!!!

Without more info, all you can do is lower your UTIL and stop appyling for more credit.  Only control you have over your socres is UTIL and apping for new credit.  Do you have any negatives on your report you can try to remove via PFD or GW?  Do you have active installment and revolving accounts reporting?  If you have a short credit history, being added as an AU on an older positive account could help....just some thoughts.   

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 4
tbarino

Thanks for respnosing so quickly! I have one neg on my report, a late payment from 2009. Its with Macys and they won't budge with the GW letters. I've called also and they were not very nice to me :-/ I'll keep trying. But I think you're right, I need to find a way to pay those bills down..........
Message 3 of 4
tbarino

Oh and my oldest card is 11 years old. My biggest problem is UTL, I have to really become more disciplined in that area.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.