tbarino

Need To raise my score!!!!!!

Hi all!!!! First, I love this site, I've learned sooooo much. I'm on the forums EVERYDAY!!! Lol! Okay,here's my issue:
I recently paid down about $8,000.00 worth of cc debt, I still have $3,500.00 left. Problem is, my hours at work have been reduced and therefore my cash for re-payment has also been reduced. (Bummer :-/) In addition to this, I opened up a new cc account & used it for one large purchase. I'm sure you've all figured out by now, my scores have dropped because of this ........ 31pts!!!!!! I feel so horrible, but have no one to blame but myself. So here's the question, what course of action can I take to raise my scores in the quickest possible way??
Established Contributor
kjm79

Re: Need To raise my score!!!!!!

Without more info, all you can do is lower your UTIL and stop appyling for more credit.  Only control you have over your socres is UTIL and apping for new credit.  Do you have any negatives on your report you can try to remove via PFD or GW?  Do you have active installment and revolving accounts reporting?  If you have a short credit history, being added as an AU on an older positive account could help....just some thoughts.   

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
tbarino

Thanks for respnosing so quickly! I have one neg on my report, a late payment from 2009. Its with Macys and they won't budge with the GW letters. I've called also and they were not very nice to me :-/ I'll keep trying. But I think you're right, I need to find a way to pay those bills down..........
tbarino

Oh and my oldest card is 11 years old. My biggest problem is UTL, I have to really become more disciplined in that area.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}