Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Urgent Advice!!

tag
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Need Urgent Advice!!

Long story short:

Settled a debt in April for $95 - the OC who I was working with sent the settlement to the CRAs as a late payment instead of a settlement - I informed them over the course of three months that it was still showing on my credit report and that the payment only reduced the balance owed - in late July (weeks ago) they finally sent it to the CRAs as a settled was charged off - my credit now shows a recent late payment three months ago and the DOFD has been changed to 04/2012 which is now scheduled to fall off on 03/2019 - i am trying to work with the OC but they are acting like they did nothing wrong - this has now tanked my mortgage and dropped my score over 100 points

If the OC will not fix this error, how should I handle this?  I feel like this company screwed me over and is now saying deal with it and there is nothing I can do!!!

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Urgent Advice!!

No collection agency can change the original dofd. That's a serious violation. Dispute with the big three and file complaints with your states AG if issue isn't solved.
Message 2 of 6
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

If you have proof of the original dofd, you can file complaints to FTC, AG and BBB. What ever it takes to show them your not the average consumer.
Message 3 of 6
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Luckily I printed reports before and after this happened and have kept an email chain back and forth with the OC to help prove this.  Its just so frusterating that someone can destroy your credit with a simple error and then when it comes to fixing it, it feels like it's impossible.

Message 4 of 6
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so I can file with the AG, FTC, and BBB all online.  Is there anything else I should be doing at this point??

Message 5 of 6
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Yes all online. Start making copies and bbb you can attach to your complaint online. This should get there attention. check to see if the collection agency is accredited with bbb. They will respond promptly if accredited. The AG will put in the most work if all fails.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.