Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Your Help - Revolving Balances & Dell Charge Off

tag
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Re: Need Your Help - Revolving Balances & Dell Charge Off

Only the OC is reporting on my CR. After researching the board for Dell chargoffs I have seen them handled several ways. I haven't read a PFD working but I did see a PIF with a GW removing the TL. I also noticed someone was able to get in touch with Dell/DFS and reopen their account with a payment plan which put the account back in good standing. I want to call the OC and see what my options are but am afraid to open the can of worms. I can PIF right now if it comes down to it. Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get this accomplished without tanking my score?

Message 11 of 15
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Update - I ran my annual credit reports (the free ones) and Experian shows the DOFD as 11/2005 and the shows that it should be removed in Sept. of 2012. Also, Equifax shows the DOFD as 8/2005. I have no idea if that changes things. Help!!

Message 12 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Mommyto2boys wrote:

Update - I ran my annual credit reports (the free ones) and Experian shows the DOFD as 11/2005 and the shows that it should be removed in Sept. of 2012. Also, Equifax shows the DOFD as 8/2005. I have no idea if that changes things. Help!!

I've never known Experian to show the DOFD but things change all the time. Experian and Transunion will have entries on accounts with words such as "This account is scheduled to continue reporting until.............". What do they say about this account?

Are you sure it was DOFD on the Experian report? And did you ever call Dell? They should have the definitive answer on the DOFD.

Message 13 of 15
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Yes, I called Dell and they told me they couldn't see my account and sent me to Oxford Management Services. They told me that they couldn't send any written agreement before a settlement payment was made to the account; so I hung up on them and sent out a PFD to their office. My SOL is expired and I can PIF if need be. They were real jerks but after checking them out online it looks like they are pretty shady. I am going to send a PFD to Dell as well as they still own the account and show a balance on my CR. The OMS is an in house collection agency. I hope this works and doesn't bite me in the rear!!

Message 14 of 15
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Oh forgot, it is scheduled to fall off on 09/2012

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.