Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Your Help by Tomorrow!!!

tag
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Your Help by Tomorrow!!!

I was also thinking that she can't flat out say "You account will be deleted from collections", because,  as she points out everytime we converse, our phone call is being recorded and monitored.

Am I just trying to find any excuse that this will be removed or can you see this being a possibility.

I have to think she knew exactly what I was getting at, so I don't know why she would respond the way she did.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lakers wrote:

Just a regular debt validation letter to the CA should work.  Since the debt has been satisfied with the OC they have nothing to collect. 

Not sure how DV could apply here since DV is only a tool that is effective within 30 days after initial dunning by the CA.

This is true.  However, if the first time you knew about it was after pulling your CR, then you can still DV. 

OP Stated:

"I started looking over my credit and trying to fix negative marks in March.  This was my only collections account listed."

Even if he noticed it and didn't wait 60 days, it is extremely difficult to prove a CA did not send you a dunning letter at one point or another.

Message 12 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lakers wrote:

Just a regular debt validation letter to the CA should work.  Since the debt has been satisfied with the OC they have nothing to collect. 

Not sure how DV could apply here since DV is only a tool that is effective within 30 days after initial dunning by the CA.

This is true.  However, if the first time you knew about it was after pulling your CR, then you can still DV. 

OP Stated:

"I started looking over my credit and trying to fix negative marks in March.  This was my only collections account listed."

Even if he noticed it and didn't wait 60 days, it is extremely difficult to prove a CA did not send you a dunning letter at one point or another.

It would be extremely difficult for the CA to prove they did.

And I was only making a statement about when you could send a DV,  in addition to the dunning notice. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lakers wrote:

OP Stated:

And I was only making a statement about when you could send a DV,  in addition to the dunning notice. 

Unfortunately the burden is on the debtor to prove the CA did not send the notice.

Even if it weren't, if the case ever went to court it would be extremely simple for the creditor to established when the tradeline was added to the CR and when the debtor viewed his CR.   

Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lakers wrote:

OP Stated:

Unfortunately the burden is on the debtor to prove the CA did not send the notice.

Even if it weren't, if the case ever went to court it would be extremely simple for the creditor to established when the tradeline was added to the CR and when the debtor viewed his CR.   

O6, I was NOT talking about this instance in particular.  I just added to what you said about a DV letter and a dunning letter.  That if you do not get one and the first time you see it is on your CR, then you can send a DV then.  That is all, I was not trying to say the OP could send one now.  

Message 15 of 16
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

I did receive one letter from the CA in March, but I dont' know if it was a dunning Notice.   It was a settlement offer.  Nothing on the letter stated "I have 30 days to verfiy........blah blah"

Would any letter the CA sends be considered a dunning notice?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.