Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a CL of 10K on a card by April

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a CL of 10K on a card by April

I have been rebuilding for a year and have brought my scores from low 500's to low to mid 600's.  I just paid my last collection account off and am working to get an IRS lien released (it may be already but that is a long story).  Anyway my DW is graduating medical school so we are going to Hawaii in May or June of next year for a week.  All of our cards are low limits 500 to 1500.  I would like a card of 7-10k for the trip, we should be able to pay most cash but it is hard to book airfare for 4 with a debit card (due to health I have to fly business or 1st class). I expect my scores to jump about 20 more points this month when I bring my util from 76% to under 5%.  My plan is to garden till March or April and then apply, I suspect I can get my scores to or really near 700 by then.  Not sure if it is relevent but I make 119k per year and have a DTI of about 21%. I am hoping with no open collections, some rest on the inquiries, using my cards but PIF or very near each month and some progress on scores I can get to my goal.  I do belong to NFCU so they are my first choice to hit up.  I have an open application with them for a card they sent me an invitation for but is still pending, if it is approved I expect a couple of grand tops.  Any suggestions or advice to reach this goal is appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a CL of 10K on a card by April

NFCU or maybe Venture?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on where you live, are there other options besides Hawaii that are just as good and more economically feasible? Cancun or the Caribbean... 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been rebuilding for a year and have brought my scores from low 500's to low to mid 600's.  I just paid my last collection account off and am working to get an IRS lien released (it may be already but that is a long story).  Anyway my DW is graduating medical school so we are going to Hawaii in May or June of next year for a week.  All of our cards are low limits 500 to 1500.  I would like a card of 7-10k for the trip, we should be able to pay most cash but it is hard to book airfare for 4 with a debit card (due to health I have to fly business or 1st class). I expect my scores to jump about 20 more points this month when I bring my util from 76% to under 5%.  My plan is to garden till March or April and then apply, I suspect I can get my scores to or really near 700 by then.  Not sure if it is relevent but I make 119k per year and have a DTI of about 21%. I am hoping with no open collections, some rest on the inquiries, using my cards but PIF or very near each month and some progress on scores I can get to my goal.  I do belong to NFCU so they are my first choice to hit up.  I have an open application with them for a card they sent me an invitation for but is still pending, if it is approved I expect a couple of grand tops.  Any suggestions or advice to reach this goal is appreciated.

I sent you two private messages not realizing you were the same person from another thread. Please check them.

Cap 1 uses these scores  Fico 2/5/4 - EX:674 EQ: 681 TU:704 (from my sig) they don't use the fico 8.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

will this be venture credit union?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

will this be venture credit union?

Capital One Venture card - I believe they open with a minimum credit line of 10K.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty sure the minimun on Venture card is 5k, at least mine opened with a 5k limit so I know they will open that low, not sure if they will go below that.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am pretty sure the minimun on Venture card is 5k, at least mine opened with a 5k limit so I know they will open that low, not sure if they will go below that.

Yes, after looking over the disclosures, it says minumum line is 5K for venture and 3K for Venture one.

Message 9 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

No problem with the NFCU.  Use it for three months and treat it well.  They should grant you a CLI at that time.  Possibly another at six months, nine months, one year.

Mine opened at 7K.  I work p/t/ at 34,000

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.