Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a SATISFIED/RELEASED judgment removed from credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a SATISFIED/RELEASED judgment removed from credit report

Twanswife, can you offer to pay them the cost of their fees, etc... To assist you? They may be interested on helping out that way
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Twanswife, when I paid the judgement I drove to the Portfolio Recovery location in Naperville, and made it clear to them that I wouldn't leave without getting a Satisfaction Release of Judgment. I guess I knew that I would deal with problems later on so I didn't want to take a chance with hunting them down. After they got their money they wouldn't be so cooperative. I also settled the judgement but was given the Release as it was paid in full. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have updated news. I called the court clerks office and asked to speak with the judge's secretary. I asked her if I had to hire an attorney or could I file the "motion to set aside" myself, since so many others had. She said I didn't have to have an attorney, that I could file it myself (pro se). So I took the paperwork back down to the Clerk's office, filed it, and got a court date!! Hooray!!! I'm so happy, feel like I'm getting somewhere again!! I'm just hoping that the plaintiff's attorney doesn't show up...
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you tell me what form you used?  Is it something I can download and take to the courts?  I am in TN as well.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Belle, many states have sample forms online that may be printed out, but the state of TN does not. I've been told that the name varies per state as well, in some states it's called "Motion to Set Aside", and in other states it may be called "Motion to Vacate". I was told by the Shelby County Clerks office that here, it's called a "Motion to Set Aside". If you want to file the paperwork yourself, you'll need to, well what I did was copied a form from another state and switched the state's info out to TN, and included my info. Search this forum (or online) for sample Motion to Vacate / Motion to Set Aside forms. That's what helped me.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.