Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Sprint collections(DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS) removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a Sprint collections(DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS) removed

Im posting to get feedback on my best course of action in regards to this bill.

A while ago I contacted sprint about cellular service. It's been quite a while but I believe that there was a deposit needed to begin service so I opted to not get the service(Im quite sure it was due to deposit, but theres a possibility that it wasnt. Whatever the reason, I ended the call with me not agreeing to get service).

Months passed as I traveled and when I finally made it back home, I had a bill mailed to me by them for a couple hundred dollars.

This struck me as odd since I had no service with them so I called sprint. They told me that service was indeed set up. There was never an actual phone number or any phones attatched to the account(then why did I have a bill again???) but there was indeed sprint service in my name somehow. The rep didn't understand it either, so I asked that they simple zerod the balance and closed the account. to my surprise, she told me this would be impossible as the account was already closed and passed on to collections and there was nothing that she could do about it. This account is now haunting my CRs and I need it removed as it is pretty much the last negative item that is effecting me poorly on my reports.

What would be my best option or way to go about getting this removed?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a Sprint collections(DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS) removed

OK, so I spoke with the collection agency, and this is not in regards to the bill a spoke of previously. This was in fact in regards to a bill that is much older that may or may not be mine. Is it possible to get this collection deleted due to reaging? here is the info

credit report shows

Date opened: 02/2016

On record until: 09/2020

The collection agency stated that this bill has been with 4 different agencies and they told me that the bill went delinquent on December 2013 so theres some discrepancies in the reporting of this to the CBs.

Should I simply do an online dispute with the CBs?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a Sprint collections(DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS) removed

Contacted sprint and just paid in full. The dates on my credit report had me confused thinking it was a bad account that I never opened.

Sprint stated that it has been recalled from collections. So now, since the debt is not in collections, will the collection be removed from my report?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.