Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need about a 7-10-Point Bump This Month

tag
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Re: Need about a 7-10-Point Bump This Month

Oh. I don't want that.

I thought they could do a soft pull since I already have an account with them. Bummer. That's out.

Message 11 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Call them and ask on a CLI if the hard pull if they don't then do it. 

Message 12 of 17
flash2093
Valued Member

I'm not sure I completely agree with you DaBears. I had my credit limit increased via soft pull. In fact over the phone they clearly told me it would be a soft. I have had no hard inquires since 2012. But applying for new credit will be a HP; and those will hurt your score.

I would suggest asking cap1 if they do hard or soft pulls for cli's. In my experience it was soft pull and had no affect to my CR.

Starting Score:(11/2012) EQ 611
Previous Scores:(2/12) EQ 616 - (3/15) EQ 628 - (3/28) EQ 636 - (4/5) EQ 639
3 Current Scores 6/1/13: EX 650 EQ 654 TU 681
Goal Score:660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Depends on the creditor. Always call and ask. some will base it off your payment history some don't. Barclays I know for a fact will give you a CLI after 1 yr of being with them and having good payment history. 

Message 14 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Getting a CLI is not going to help your FICO score.  If you only have that one CC and the utilization is already low, adding more CL isn't going to help.  It will look good to a lender that you have a higher limit.

Message 15 of 17
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Okay... just got off of the phone with Capital One. They said that they could not increase my Credit Limit at this time.

They also said that they only perform 'Soft Inquiries' for Credit Limit Increases... FYI.

So, looks like I'm going to go the $5 balance route to see if I can snag a few more points.

Thanks you guys!!

Message 16 of 17
Startfromwithin
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Getting a CLI is not going to help your FICO score.  If you only have that one CC and the utilization is already low, adding more CL isn't going to help.  It will look good to a lender that you have a higher limit.

Okay, got it.

Thanks!!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.