Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice ASAP

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Need advice ASAP

I have worked the last 5+ years to build my independent credit post divorce.

I had received a delinquency on my credit report from an unknown source. I filed with consumer financial protection demanding it to be removed, since I never heard of this creditor after failed attempts to dispute and this was finally removed.

The collection agency sent me a threatening note and I sent a letter that there was no proof and I would file a law suit if they did not cease, because I am in dispute.

I just received a letter stating this was for my minor son at the time. It states I am responsible with my ex. It has the correct address and referring doctor that is recognized, however it has a wrong social security number for a Guarantor, an insurance carrier that states I was the subscriber that I do NOT recognize nor ever had. I do not recognize the facility or the name of the doctor who billed.

What should I do?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice ASAP

I would send a debt validation letter. 

Message 2 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I did. They sent a copy of a bill with wrong social security and insurance info from a carrier that we (I) never had.
Message 3 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

They have my sons name on it and I don't recognize the dr. I do recognize the referring doctor which I have zero balance.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um.. I am not really sure to be honest. Hopefully someone else can help you better. 

Message 5 of 12
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Drsgwld wrote:
I did. They sent a copy of a bill with wrong social security and insurance info from a carrier that we (I) never had.
Contact tContact the doctor and get things rectified dont give them your social though or personal information lease they update that information.
Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree wish Dash, contact the Dr. that is billing and make arrangements to pay. It is more than likely a Dr. that read a test, did labs, or who knows at the time your son saw the referring Dr. If that is the case then make arrangements to pay your half of the bill. Worst case is you pay the entire thing and send to your ex for the remaining half. Also, make sure that Dr. did bill insurance correctly. 

Message 7 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

This is from when we lived in another State and the date is February 2009.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rendering physician may still accept payment. Might at least call them to verify services. Worst case would be a PFD with the CA. If your son had insurance at the time I would do HIPAA.

Message 9 of 12
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I disputed it with the CAs and Brought CFPB in to force a remove. Now they are attempt to to bill me directly from this old 02/09 bill which has wrong acct info soc number and insurance info on it!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.