Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice Please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice Please!

I am new to the myFICO forums.   In the past year I signed up with CreditKarma.com to monitor my husband and my TU credit score.  We are trying to rebuild our credit to obtain a mortgage.  Over the past 2-3 months I have noticed that a man's name, address, and multiple accounts have popped up on my TU CR.  We have been paying for services from Texas Best Credit Repair, but this errounous information still remains.  They have had 78% deletions with TU, but have not had this mans information removed.  I have sent a cancellation of service to the repair agency, and I have spoke to TU to dispute over the phone his personal information and credit accounts.  What really upset me is the TU representative said the burden of proof is on me to prove I am not him, dont live at his address, and these accounts are not mine nor am I an authorized user on the accounts.  It has sent my debt-to-utilization ratio through the roof.  I know it could be worse, because at least he pays his bills ontime so far, but they are all fairly new accounts also.  Any other words of advice? I am considering using Lexington Law in a couple of months if my attempts are unsuccessful.  Smiley Frustrated  

Thanks for any response or advice in advance!

jaybird6501

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice Please!

Welcome.

First, I will personally say that I had once used LL and believe me when I say it is a waste of money. You can accomplish more than they can without paying a dime just from finding these forums. Use the search function. Ask questions. This site is full of very knowledgeable and helpful individuals that have been in your shoes at some point. That is my personally experience and opinion.

As far as the CR goes - others may have to chime in on this. It sounds like you might have a mixed file. I would dispute the information with transunion and they are required to investigate. Give them as much supporting documentation as you have verifying who you are. It is against the law for them to report inaccurate information - this would most certainly include someone else's credit profile. Dispute the accounts and addresses that don't belong to you. If it comes back verified, I would send an ITS letter.

I'm pretty sure EQ lost a hefty lawsuit for the exact same situation.
Message 2 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Ok. Send a letter to Transunion with dispute what is wrong.
Have you pulled your credit report for all 3 credit bureaus?
First you need to get free annual credit report. Then you need to highlight incorrect info.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have. We are using ScoreSense monitoring right now. I am unable to use any other monitoring company because TU flags my report with fraudulent information. My most recent report from 4 days ago still has this mans info on it. I have a letter from one of the banks stating I have never done business with them. Guess I'll have to call all these other places as well. I'm so frustrated at this. I know everyone's time is precious and I hate to complain but I'm a home health nurse with two kids and a husband. I shouldn't have to spend time proving THEIR screw up. Sorry, vent over. Thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

File a complaint with the CFPB it will get resolved quickly,. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

You might want to consider filing a complaint with CFPB. It's a good tool. I'm pretty sure if you submit a comlaint CB will start to listen
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 6 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Identity guard
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.