pearl9915

Need advice for medical collections

I have two very recent medical collections reported to the credit bureau and would like to know the best plan of action to get them deleted (if possible).  Foolishly, I did not validate them or go through the HIPAA process because they had not yet been reported and I thought that they would not be if I paid as promised. 

1)  Contract Callers Inc.- I paid this in full on March 23 and the check cleared on March 29.  The rep was very unpleasant because I would not give her cc info to pay by phone but as I told her I would, I did mail the check the very next morning.  On May 30 I received an alert that they had reported.

2)  Hollis Cobb Associates- I began paying them on March 20 and have paid as agreed on the 20th of each month and I was alerted on June 6 that they had reported. 

Any suggestions for these situations???

Thanks!!!!!!! 

guiness56

Re: Need advice for medical collections

You can try the HIPAA process but I don't know if it will work, for the paid one.  Or a GW letter.

For the one you are making payments on ask for a PFD.

pearl9915

Sorry, just getting back to this response...and thanks I'll try your suggestions!!!

monaarts

Anyone ever get anywhere with getting Hollis Cobb removed from their credit?  Thanks!

pearl9915

Hollis Cobb actually removed the collection from my credit report without my request maybe 3 or 4 months after I finished paying the debt.  Good luck!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+