cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice from recovering from rock-bottom.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice from recovering from rock-bottom.

Vantage score: 485

In the process of a divorce and want to improve my credit. 

The only "good" items i have are a secured credit card with no lates and an auto payoff with only 2 30 day lates. 

Husband to be responsible for all but two baddies. One is a medical collection for $141, the other is a written off capital one card for $388. I didnt know these were collections (he had the sole income, I was a homemaker). I did go ahead and did a dispute for the baddies as "Belonged to ex-spouse". 

Need some advice on how to get my credit score up. I am in no need of credit, but want to buy a new car in maybe 12 months.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need advice from recovering from rock-bottom.

@Anonymous wrote:

Vantage score: 485

In the process of a divorce and want to improve my credit. 

The only "good" items i have are a secured credit card with no lates and an auto payoff with only 2 30 day lates. 

Husband to be responsible for all but two baddies. One is a medical collection for $141, the other is a written off capital one card for $388. I didnt know these were collections (he had the sole income, I was a homemaker). I did go ahead and did a dispute for the baddies as "Belonged to ex-spouse". 

Need some advice on how to get my credit score up. I am in no need of credit, but want to buy a new car in maybe 12 months.

You need 3 open revolving cards to drive your Fico so I would be looking to get 2 more there even if you have to go secured for them as well  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

If you were joint on those cards they are not going to care that your ex was supposed to pay them divorce orders have no bearing on financial responsibility with a bank. If you were just an AU on the credit cards of his then you can get them removed as you are not responsible ever for repayment.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.