cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, how forgiving is Capital One?

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice, how forgiving is Capital One?

Capital One is very forgiving. I have gone from $0 credit to $4000 available credit with my 2 CAP1 cards in a 60+ day timeframe. I also have an old Kohls/CAP1 charge-off on my accounts.

On top of that, I was pre-qualified for an auto loan up to $40,000 with Capital One Auto Finance.

Forgiving? YES

Awsome? YES

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all of the advice! I decided to apply for the 'Platinum' card today through Capital One and was approved with a $3,000 limit! Smiley Happy I tried to do the Quicksilver application as well right after in the same screen but it didn't even run the application it gave me the 'we will send you a response in the mail in 7-10 days message'.

I am looking forward to re-building my credit with this Capital One credit card!

Message 12 of 16
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all of the advice! I decided to apply for the 'Platinum' card today through Capital One and was approved with a $3,000 limit! Smiley Happy I tried to do the Quicksilver application as well right after in the same screen but it didn't even run the application it gave me the 'we will send you a response in the mail in 7-10 days message'.

I am looking forward to re-building my credit with this Capital One credit card!

Was tht second app for the QS or QS1 card? You could try the chat to see why the denial on 2nd app.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The second one is not necessarily a denial. Hubby got the same message and was still approved for both of the cards. Call and see what's happening. They may just need some verification
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to live chat and they said I would receive the answer in the mail. It was for the QS1 card.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should call Recon number. There are tons of post here with people getting success with reconsideration department.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.