Ryan M Schneider

1680 Capital One Drive

McLean, VA 22102

Legal Dept:
Capital One Legal Department

John G Finneran Jr, General Council

15000 Capital One Dr

Richmond, VA 23238-1119

I would also include whatever contact address is shown on your reports.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on Experian re-aging obsolete accounts

Here is another:

Capital One
Attn: General Correspondence
PO Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285

Its a PO box so you might not be able to send CMRRR, just send it registered mail.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so MUCH for your help will keep this updated. Hoping this can help others down the road.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on the Experian nightmare.

I thought equifax was a beast, nah.... Through the credit journey the absolute beast was Experian.

i had every form of documentation possible proving Experian re aged said accounts, I took every measure possible to have the REAGED accounts removed, 

Experian was a nightmare, I had actually called an attorney in November., dec., reported reaging of the old hsbc accounts to EVERYONE, along with 30 plus pages of documentation.

i believe, but I'm not sure my states attorney general, was able to step in and help.

so keep the faith, keep ALL records, and don't give up.

Message 14 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once agan, it is important to note that the CRAs dont, and cant, determine the DOFD.

It comes from the history on the OC account.

The procedure for reporting of DOFD is set forth in detail in FCRA 623(a)(5).

When you dispute the accuracy of a reported DOFD, the CRA is required to forward the dispute to the furnisher for their investigation and response (unless the CRA holds the dispute to be frivolous or irrelevant, such as by being substantailly the same as a prior disptue).

The CRA has no way to independiently determine the DOFD.

If the dispute is made and the accuracy verified, you have two options.

If you feel that your documentation speaks for itself, you can pursue as a clear administrative determination of vioaltion of the FCRA, and file and administrative complaint with the CFPB.

Howver, if resolution requires more evidence or a legal interpretation, then you may need to file a civil action asserting lack of a reasonble investigation by the furnisher, and thus an improper verification of accuracy of their reporting.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know. I'm just positing this situation out to let folks know that Experian was the one re aging the accounts, with clear documentation from the OC. And the battle that ensued was relentless.

this has now been resolved, just trying to let others know there is a light at the end of it all.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.