Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on Santander

@joeyoey Thanks for the information!
Message 11 of 14
newstart2010
Blogger

The debt was already sold to another collector, which has actually taken a settlement and removed it from the credit.  So the original debt with Santander is what is currently showing, eventhough it has been resolved. I don't want to poke the bear by any means.   I am just curious as to what wording I use to ask the CRAs for an early deletion.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 12 of 14
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Someone else more experienced can chime in, but I believe once they've sold the debt & that debt has been satisfied you can "poke the bear" all you want & there's nothing else they can do at this time.  The debt has been sold & satisfied. I had a similar situation with a credit card.  They sold it to a CA.  I contacted the CA & paid it (Midland, who refuses to do anything), but the original creditor after one letter agreed to just remove themselves from my credit since I had paid who they sold the debt to.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to request an early exclusion, since it's that close.  I read about requesting an early exclusion in another post within this forum as I am dealing with Santander too and it's supposed to drop off my CF this year based on the paperwork I have (thank God I kept all old paperwork).  However, Santander (not the original creditor) is reporting false info, they've changed the FDOD, the amount, and so on.  So I contacted the CRA and inquired about an early exclusion and they confirmed what I read on here in the forums.  The CRA rep also confirmed it's 7 yrs not 7yrs +180 days which I was hoping wasn't true.  Plus, if you look at the additional pages of policies, terms and conditions sent by the CRA's when you receive your dispute resolutions, it's noted that the creditor's are to report for only 7 yrs, so you could always make a copy and send that right back to the CRA's if they say different. 

Next, I just made copies of the old statements I had w/the FDOD and sent them to the CRA's requesting the early exclusion.  The vehicle was my ex-husband's while we were married and in our div decree, I wasn't supposed to be held liable if something happened, but I found out the hard way that div decrees do not take precedent when it comes to a owing on a debt that you cosigned.  Hope this helps. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.