Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on eliminating Hunter Warfield joint debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on eliminating Hunter Warfield joint debt

Back in 2009 I had to leave an apartment I was in due to issues with a member of my family that was also on the lease. That person was kicked out several months later. About a year later I see a debt come up on my credit reports from Hunter Warfield for over 5k for the apartment complex. I tried contacting them but they have not responded to any of my letters or to any debt management firm I had been working with in the past. The account fell of my transunion and equifax reports a few months ago, but it is still on my experian account. Any advice on how to get this off? The account with Hunter was opened in July 2010.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need advice on eliminating Hunter Warfield joint debt

Any collection must become excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD that was reported by the debt collector.

Howver, the CRAs usually exclude at approx 7 years.

What is the reported DOFD?

Once more than 7 years plus 180 days has passed from the DOFD, then you can complain to the CRA.

Until then,the fact that one CRA hs already excluded is not basis for others to also have excluded.

If the debt collector has reported an inaccurate DOFD, then you can dispute that reporting.

Exclusion of the collection from your credit report is no an elimination of the debt, but only removal of access of others to knowledge of the debt by a pull of your credit report and seeing an unpaid collection.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.