Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on missed payment

tag
Ewalker33
New Contributor

Need advice on missed payment

My wife and I had a miscommunication on who paid the mortgage one month and it turned out that neither one of us did and it caused us to get a passed 30 days late notice on my account. I paid it as soon as I realized it, but the damage was already done. The mishap dropped my credit score over 50 points and is now affecting me being able to get a loan for a new truck. Is there anyway I can make that mishap go away and regain those 50 points on my credit score??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on missed payment

Sorry about the communication error. Best thing you can do is send in a LOGW, letter of goodwill, and see if they will remove it or even call in. Hope that helps and good luck. Semper Fi

Message 2 of 10
Ewalker33
New Contributor

Thanks. I called in, but they told me that they have to report exactly how payments are made and can not change the report. I almost cried. Lol!

Message 3 of 10
Ewalker33
New Contributor

Why are you concerned on how I pay my mortgage? It gets paid. I asked a simple question, and just looking for a resolution to a simple oversight.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the mortgage and has it always been perfect payment history thus far?  If so, I think you stand a very solid chance of getting the late payment removed if you hammer them with GW letters.  Mortgages IMO are the easiest to get GW adjustments on since they know they have a long relationship to go with you.  I'd suggest sending out some snail mail letters to every address you can find for your mortgage company.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ewalker33 wrote:

Why are you concerned on how I pay my mortgage? It gets paid. I asked a simple question, and just looking for a resolution to a simple oversight.

Agreed.  What's done is done and it can't be reversed, so there's no need for anyone to kick you while you're down.

Message 6 of 10
Ewalker33
New Contributor

I have had the mortgage for 2 years and this was the first slip up. Thanks for help.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your interested in the Saturation Technique which involves blasting the lender with as many GW letters as possible, click the link below and read about it.  I've had a ton of success using this method and used it to remove 7 late payments from my mortgage in 3 Rounds.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

He didn't answer your questions because answering them wouldn't do anything to achieve the OP's goal of this thread.  He knows he made a mistake and is looking for the best course of action to neutralize the impact of that mistake.  Asking him how he pays his mortgage, why he doesn't use auto pay, etc. does nothing for his late payment which is what he's looking to remedy.

Message 9 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Ewalker33 wrote:

My wife and I had a miscommunication on who paid the mortgage one month and it turned out that neither one of us did and it caused us to get a passed 30 days late notice on my account. I paid it as soon as I realized it, but the damage was already done. The mishap dropped my credit score over 50 points and is now affecting me being able to get a loan for a new truck. Is there anyway I can make that mishap go away and regain those 50 points on my credit score??

OP, I moved the topic to "Rebuilding" to help you get more feedback.   First, I recommend calling the lender to see if they can clear the 30 day late as a courtesy; they often will.   If not, then GW letters are the next step.

(Edit:  I just saw that OP already called to request, but I still don't see harm in trying a call again.   Sometimes, different people can give different answers).    

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.