cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on paid CO that is still reporting balance past due..

tag
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Need advice on paid CO that is still reporting balance past due..

So last month I paid this old utility bill from 2008 that had been CO'd. OC told me that they would report it paid, (wouldn't agree to delete), but it is still showing on EQ.

I thought that maybe I should dispute it, but I don't know which box to check:

~ I am no longer liable for this account;

~ Balance is incorrect;

~ Verify last payment, DofD, etc.

~ Verify account descriptions

Should I also include in the comments that it should be paid/closed with a $0 balance?

Any help is appreciated, as this is my LAST baddie, and I'm hoping they'll just delete.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Need advice on paid CO that is still reporting balance past due..

Do you have a letter from them showing its been paid? If so you can fax that to EQ

Message 2 of 16
pt310
Frequent Contributor

I have the receipt.

Message 3 of 16
pt310
Frequent Contributor

If I fax it in, is that considered a dispute also?

I've never faxed them before, is there a form to use, or what information do I need to give them?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

you can call them and they will give you the info needed for them to update the tl correctly.

Message 5 of 16
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Problem with EQ besides being EQ is that many times is even if you fax in proof they could careless. Reason for this according to them is they will only change or remove information if the OC actually contacts them. Twice I had to file complaints with the CFPB and upload my proof and both times the accounts were deleted.

Message 6 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you dispute it would be for balance is incorrect.

It can take 30 - 90 days to update though.

Message 7 of 16
pt310
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and disputed for balance is incorrect, and to verify DofD. The account was "OK" for over two years and then is showing 120 days on the month following my last payment.

Hopefully OC won't respond, and they'll just delete. **keeping my fingers crossed**

Thanks for your input and help this morning!

Message 8 of 16
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Update ~

I found the letter OC sent me stating:

"Your account was sent to Equifax and Experian to be updated to Paid In Full status."

My first thought was OMG! It wasn't even on EX. So I checked EX, still not there. Whew! (I'll keep checking, though, just in case)

Then I checked EQ. The account is showing a $0 balance now, but the status is still "Charge Off."

Will faxing this letter in get EQ to change it, or is this correct? Or do you think this is just a waste of time at this point?

DofD is 10/08, so I still have 2 years left on this. OC won't GW. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks!

Message 9 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is correct.  Once a charge off, always a charge off.  It will only reflect paid and will remain an adverse account.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.