Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on paying debt and rebuilding credit

tag
idshabazz
Valued Member

Need advice on paying debt and rebuilding credit

Hello Everyone,

So over the last year or so I've screwed myself pretty bad with credit. I maxed out all my cards and took out personal loans.

Now pretty much all those accounts are closed.

I had two Barcley cards, two Chase cards, dicsover, Amazon Store Card,  JCPenny Card, Random one for a car gaurge. These are all closed.

I have a target card, walmart card and a DCU VISA credit card. I'm behind with the target and walmart card and barely have a positve balance with the DCU cards

I have two personally loans. One with Avant and one with DCU. Avant one has been sold off and i'm actually in good standing with DCU.

I also have student loans..but i'm going to call them this weekend to try and work out a payment plan. 

Target I plan to pay the target card balance because it's only $350

Walmart is $800 but with missed payments $1000.

Disover shows that I can make three payments of $275 to settle the account (assuming that means it will be closed?)

I really want to get on rebuilding my credit again. I just don't know how to go about it. I was proud of myself for doing so good and then everything went to hell haha. I went from 700 to 450 really qucik...

Any advice would be great

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice on paying debt and rebuilding credit

Mistakes are just part of the process of learning a new skill.  Get back on the horse and try again. 

Also maybe try to think of what went wrong to avoid repeating the same mistake.  In time your credit will heal.

Message 2 of 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on paying debt and rebuilding credit

For the student loans, look into rehabbing them. If you are eligible (Im not sure what the requirements are) it can remove any negatives after you make the trail payments (about 9 months i think). Payment plans won't remove the negatives from my understanding.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.