Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on what to do next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on what to do next??

First, I just want to thank everyone in the my fico community for their shared experiences and advice on this forum. I have been an avid reader for the past 5 months and have been rebuilding my credit using some of what I have learned here. This is my first post so please excuse if the title is confusing.

The dilemma I'm having is, I sent a DV to the OC and they responded claiming I was not responsible for the account in question, and they advised me that they were going to notify the CRA's to remove the account. The letter also said it may take up to 60 to 90 days to update. To be fair it has only been about 45 days, however what concerns me is before I DV'd the OC the "last updated" information  on the debt was from back in 2013. Now the tradeline shows negative information all the way up until this month 2015. I fully understand when you dispute something it renews the last updated, however I just assumed that since they are claiming to remove the collection that this wouldn't have happened. Should I send another letter to the OC (with a copy of what they sent me) and thank them for their timely response and just remind them to verify they submitted the correct removal info to the CRA's? Or should I just send the CRA's the letter the OC sent me claiming the debt was not my responsibility and that they were going to remove it?  I appreciate any suggestions, as I am struggling on what to do next. Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on what to do next??

I should also add, that maybe I should just wait the recommended 60 to 90 days, but it just scared me when I saw my reports update with current derogs after the furnisher claimed they were going to remove the account. Thoughts?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need advice on what to do next??

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I just want to thank everyone in the my fico community for their shared experiences and advice on this forum. I have been an avid reader for the past 5 months and have been rebuilding my credit using some of what I have learned here. This is my first post so please excuse if the title is confusing.

The dilemma I'm having is, I sent a DV to the OC and they responded claiming I was not responsible for the account in question, and they advised me that they were going to notify the CRA's to remove the account. The letter also said it may take up to 60 to 90 days to update. To be fair it has only been about 45 days, however what concerns me is before I DV'd the OC the "last updated" information  on the debt was from back in 2013. Now the tradeline shows negative information all the way up until this month 2015. I fully understand when you dispute something it renews the last updated, however I just assumed that since they are claiming to remove the collection that this wouldn't have happened. Should I send another letter to the OC (with a copy of what they sent me) and thank them for their timely response and just remind them to verify they submitted the correct removal info to the CRA's? Or should I just send the CRA's the letter the OC sent me claiming the debt was not my responsibility and that they were going to remove it?  I appreciate any suggestions, as I am struggling on what to do next. Thanks in advance!!

Im surprised you even heard from the OC, DVs are for use on CAs & JDBs not the OC. I would wait for the maximum time to pass that they said it might take.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.