Contributor

Need advice

Hello Everyone

Hope someone can send me in the right direction.  I have two credit cards that i have fallen behind on.  One i think i have a total of 19 lates showing on my report, and the other one i believe has 9.  I am currently $500 behind on one of the cards, and they have been calling, trying to make all types of deals with me.  The last time (2 yrs ago) they had made a deal stating once i start paying my card on time they would take off the late reports and it will show on time.  I never obtained this in writing, and i made a plan with them which i kept up for almost 2 years until i lost my job recently.  The last time they called me they tried to tell me the same thing, it sounded good and i have the money to become current.  I told them i need it in writing and i'll bring the card to current, well since i told them that they have not called and they use to call at least once a day.  What can i do so that some of these lates get taken off? they have also offered for me to settle the account but i think that would make matters worse.

thank you

Epic Contributor

Re: Need advice

In my opinion, they are being more than reasonable in their offers.  CR deletion is a big thing.  Something that many spend hours on, through PFD offers and GW letters.

This credtior seems to have initiated a PFD offer.  To play hard-ball with them, and require such an agreement in writing before paying is not something I would personally do.

With numerous prior lates, they may resort to a charge-off or collection referral, increasing your score hemmorage.

Just avoiding that possibility would, in itself, be a plus.  To additionally get CR deletion would be gravy.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Need advice

The reason i was asking it in writing is because couple years ago they made me the same promise and they never followed through even tough i did.  (i forgot to put that in original post.)

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.