Contributor
QueenJ

Need advice

Hello Everyone

Hope someone can send me in the right direction.  I have two credit cards that i have fallen behind on.  One i think i have a total of 19 lates showing on my report, and the other one i believe has 9.  I am currently $500 behind on one of the cards, and they have been calling, trying to make all types of deals with me.  The last time (2 yrs ago) they had made a deal stating once i start paying my card on time they would take off the late reports and it will show on time.  I never obtained this in writing, and i made a plan with them which i kept up for almost 2 years until i lost my job recently.  The last time they called me they tried to tell me the same thing, it sounded good and i have the money to become current.  I told them i need it in writing and i'll bring the card to current, well since i told them that they have not called and they use to call at least once a day.  What can i do so that some of these lates get taken off? they have also offered for me to settle the account but i think that would make matters worse.

thank you

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Need advice

In my opinion, they are being more than reasonable in their offers.  CR deletion is a big thing.  Something that many spend hours on, through PFD offers and GW letters.

This credtior seems to have initiated a PFD offer.  To play hard-ball with them, and require such an agreement in writing before paying is not something I would personally do.

With numerous prior lates, they may resort to a charge-off or collection referral, increasing your score hemmorage.

Just avoiding that possibility would, in itself, be a plus.  To additionally get CR deletion would be gravy.

Contributor
QueenJ

Re: Need advice

The reason i was asking it in writing is because couple years ago they made me the same promise and they never followed through even tough i did.  (i forgot to put that in original post.)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+