Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice

tag
ilado
Established Member

Need advice

I need to purchase a car in the next 2-3 months. My credit score is currently 541. I have 3 cc Capital One $1750 limit $1594 balance, First Premier $300 limit $150 balance and First Premier $250 limit $170 balance. I just paid down both First Premier cards to get under 30% utilization and planning on get my Capital One down to under 30% utilization by the end of Feburary. I have 4 collections ( all medical bills)with 3 that ive made arrangements to payoff. All cards are current and I'm using Lexington Law to dispute items on my credit report as well.
Well I be able to get to the mid 600's in 2-3 months? Am I going about it the right way? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need advice

You're doing OK and that goal is attainable.  I don't like the idea of using Lexington Law when you can do more than they can and use that money to pay down your util.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
ilado
Established Member

So how should I go about doing it? Lexington Law  is handling the disputing of the items on my credit report? Should I change tactics? 

Message 3 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@ilado i would think that you could dispute just as good, if not better than a third party would ever be able to do.

With those collection accounts that ur in an arrangement with, does the agreement include their promise to delete once Its PIF ?

Could you get all cards down to 0$ balance but one? From what I gather, ideal utilization is to have 0$ balances on all but one and to have that one card report at 5-9%
Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@ilado wrote:

So how should I go about doing it? Lexington Law  is handling the disputing of the items on my credit report? Should I change tactics? 

ugh. okay.. so; are you trying to get in to the mid 600s for a home purchase?

If so you have to ditch lexington ASAP -- you cannot have dispute flags up if you are applying for a mortgage.. they will not approve the mortgage until you remove those, which can sometimes be a real pain in the butt, and an unneeded headache..

What are they disputing?  are they valid things? invalid things?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 7
ilado
Established Member

Not for a mortgage for a car. Some are invalid and some are.
Message 6 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I sent you a PM, check your inbox.

I got rid of two medical collections, just by asking nicely.  And they were both with Collections, not internal hospital billing.

If you have paid them, send them a goodwill letter, asking them to delete.

If you haven't paid yet, ask them to delete upon full payment. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.