Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise on how to proceed with HSBC

tag
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Need advise on how to proceed with HSBC

HSBC and Portfolio Recovery have been on my report for a few yesrs now. 

I just got PRA to delete from all three CRA's after fighting with them it took complaint filed with CFPB and BBB to beat them 

now my account is still listed as HSBC on all three CRA's - not sure if Cap1 now owns it or not 

it was listed as a charge off for $405 & showing a payment history 

As I was taking on PRA I disputed the HSBC account online with all three CRA's

none of them deleted the account but now the reporting is all over the place

Experian: Status-Closed  Comment-Purchased by another lender  Recent Balance $0 and the only payment history is in 9/2011 CLS

Equifax: Status-Charge Off , Comments-Charged off account  , chargeoff amont $0, Balance $0, DOLA N/A , Activity-Transfer/Sold, 

Trans Union: Status: Account paid in Full;was a Charge-off, Original Charge-off $405, Account Sale Info- Account Sold to Portfolio Recovery, Remarks-Acct info disputed by consumer; Purchased by another lender; Transfered to another lender

Now experian lists the account as a account in good standing but TU and EQ are both negative.

so should I dispute again with the CRA, Dispute with HSBC, leave it alone or try to submit to CFPB or BBB  

TU is scheduled to come off 8/17and assume that EQ would be around the same time 

anyy suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advise on how to proceed with HSBC

I am watching this thread....

I have a similar problem with HSBC.  I've done mostly everything I could to get it off my report, it is obsolete and reporting wrong....my last straw was a CFPB complaint and now the waiting begins.  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 2 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Well, I guess I spoke too soon.  HSBC dispute resolved on my EQ report and it just gave me a 33 point increase.  I swear if these scores were a person, I'd think they're bipolar lol.

The only thing I don't know is - if it is as a result of the complaint that I filed with the CFPB or the CRA, also I want to see it drop off my report.  Portfolio Associates should follow behind them since the HSBC TL is tied into them.  I filed a complaint on both PRA and HSBC with the CFPB.

If you haven't already, I'd seriously consider filing a complaint with the CFPB, I'm 90% certain that the change in my CRA is due to them and not the CRA dispute.

Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 3 of 6
dave36021
Regular Contributor

PRA will not come off just because HSBC did. They tried as hard as they could to stay on my report. But persistance paid off once I sent c screen shot of how they were reporting they were gone in a few days.

I have been nervous to use the CFPB on HSBC because I do not know if Cap1 now owns it and I do not want to raise any red flags there as I have a Cap1 card and a Kohls card backed by Cap1

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 4 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@dave36021 wrote:

PRA will not come off just because HSBC did. They tried as hard as they could to stay on my report. But persistance paid off once I sent c screen shot of how they were reporting they were gone in a few days.

I have been nervous to use the CFPB on HSBC because I do not know if Cap1 now owns it and I do not want to raise any red flags there as I have a Cap1 card and a Kohls card backed by Cap1

From what I learned - and take it with a grain of salt because I'm a newbie - and certainly nowhere near the end of my rebuilding.  Cap1 took over HSBC tradelines. I had a Direct Merchants Bank with them that I have been lighting a papertrail to get rid of because it was past CRTP.  

I too have a CAP1 (AU) line - which I'm betting they won't report because I was complaining against them, but for me it is worth it to get the baddies off even at the risk of

getting CAP1 mad at me.  On the otherhand they might just update my CR to show the new Cap1 AU card, considering what I have been reading how the left hand doesn't speak to the right hand that often.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they do.  

Message 5 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@alienfico wrote:

@dave36021 wrote:

From what I learned - and take it with a grain of salt because I'm a newbie - and certainly nowhere near the end of my rebuilding.  Cap1 took over HSBC tradelines. I had a Direct Merchants Bank with them that I have been lighting a papertrail to get rid of because it was past CRTP.  

I too have a CAP1 (AU) line - which I'm betting they won't report because I was complaining against them, but for me it is worth it to get the baddies off even at the risk of

getting CAP1 mad at me.  On the otherhand they might just update my CR to show the new Cap1 AU card, considering what I have been reading how the left hand doesn't speak to the right hand that often.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they do.  

Just to update, they indeed reported my CAP1 (AU) account so now it is on as a positive TL.....

Maybe I'll hold my breath and wait for the other shoe to drop Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.