Need advise on my credit rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advise on my credit rebuild

My main question is what to do next..

The situation: Current Score 524

ONE CCC

Secured Orchard CC 0 bal/$500 limit, One30 late (May 08)

ONE INSTALLMENT

Car Note- $291 11,000 balance, No Lates

On Feb 12thi got Income Tax Refund and paid collections as follows.

I PFD a collection with Alpatco and It HAS been delete.

I PFD a collection with Pro Collect and it HAS NOT been deleted

I PFD two collections with RJM Aqq, they say will delete when they report again in March.

I PIF two Central Financial Control collections (medical) they would not PFD. They have updated.

I Paid Half of amount owed to AFNI they agreed to update CRA "Paid amount owed" The ballance is updated to show I paid half and theres a remaining balance. I called and they said it takes a month to update. They refused PFD btw.

Only negative history after the companys above report/delete should  be a closed Capital One CC with a 120 late and the 30 late on my Orchard Bank CC. And the Paid two medical collections, and AFNI.

I think I should CW Orchard and Cap One to delete the lates..

I also applied for my CU CC, was aproved for $500 limit but for them to verify income.

ANY advice from the Credit Gods and Gurus would be extremely appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advise on my credit rebuild

@Anonymous wrote:

My main question is what to do next..

The situation: Current Score 524

ONE CCC

Secured Orchard CC 0 bal/$500 limit, One30 late (May 08) You have nothing to lose by trying to GW this late.

ONE INSTALLMENT

Car Note- $291 11,000 balance, No Lates

On Feb 12thi got Income Tax Refund and paid collections as follows.

I PFD a collection with Alpatco and It HAS been delete. Good work.

I PFD a collection with Pro Collect and it HAS NOT been deleted Have you contacted them?

I PFD two collections with RJM Aqq, they say will delete when they report again in March. Good.

I PIF two Central Financial Control collections (medical) they would not PFD. They have updated. Start trying to GW them. Even if they said no to PFD, you never know if your letter will land on the right person's desk.

I Paid Half of amount owed to AFNI they agreed to update CRA "Paid amount owed" The ballance is updated to show I paid half and theres a remaining balance. I called and they said it takes a month to update. They refused PFD btw. Keep an eye on this to make sure they update.

Only negative history after the companys above report/delete should  be a closed Capital One CC with a 120 late and the 30 late on my Orchard Bank CC. And the Paid two medical collections, and AFNI.

I think I should CW Orchard and Cap One to delete the lates..

I also applied for my CU CC, was aproved for $500 limit but for them to verify income. Very good!

ANY advice from the Credit Gods and Gurus would be extremely appreciated.

It seems to me that you've done a good job so far and that you have a good handle on what needs to be done. Remember that getting a GW removal takes time and persistence.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I live off a cash budget, ie. I make more than I spent and dont rely on my credit cards for the month to month. I just have the cards to build credit and am very good at resisting purchasing things I dont need. Will I be ok with 2 revolving accounts and one installment to build my score? Should I get another card like BoA secured Card? or use the money to increase my CL with Orchard?  I'd like to buy a house in a year or so.

Message 3 of 5
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Just dont give up. I worked for over a year on wells fargo( One of the ones that say no to delete). I just kept sending GW letter every so often. They not only ended up taking a 1 year old late off, they took all the lates off way back to 2004. That account is now closed, but it shows perfect payment. Again, DONT GIVE UP
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed the Cap One acct on experian and they updated ALL Lates! my FAKO from FCR.com went up to 567! I just disputed all negs on transunion and equifax and when i get the results im gonna pull my  myfico reports to see the improvement.

Edit - Results FICO went up EQ 76 TU 94 pts all from 14 days of research and diligence.

Message Edited by kyleitzen on 02-28-2010 09:02 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.