cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an FHA mortgage soon. What should I pay first.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need an FHA mortgage soon. What should I pay first.

I have a FICO Score of 516 Transunioun, 548 Experian, and 530 Equifax.

I have a car loan that is in good standing and never paid late and a Macys card that was charged off but I paid it in full and they issued me another one that I have not been late on.

I paid a charged off First Premier Bank Card.

I have 7 accounts in collections.  5 are medical and 2 are from past utilities (Disch Network and Verizon Florida)

The Verizon Florida is charged off.

I also have one credit card that has been in collections for a couple of years now and I don't see it on my credit report.  Should I pay it off so it does not get reported as charged off. 

I would like to get my score up to 600 in the next couple of months if possible.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need an FHA mortgage soon. What should I pay first.

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

and What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

Also, as of last February, it is impossible to pull your own EX FICO score without the help of a lender. If you didn't get your scores from a lender, you may want to consider pulling your EQ and TU FICO scores via myFICO. Reason I mention is that you may not have a FICO score and, for me any way, my FAKO scores are lower than my FICO scores. Your FICO scores may actually be higher and can place you in contention for 600 a lot sooner.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.