Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an extra set of eyes for this follow up letter

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Need an extra set of eyes for this follow up letter

Good evening MyFico members! I was hoping you guys could critic my follow up letter to an OC following their response to my GW letter ( did that make sense? LOL)

This was an OC account that went to collections, I paid the CA way before knowing what a PFD was, however i was able to GW the CA, now working on the OC. It only lists one month, 12/2009 as CO. This is only reporting to Experian.

This was their reply (edited to save space)

"Dear Me,

On behalf of GE capital retail bank I am responding to your inquiry concerning the account referenced above. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

As a result of your inquiry and our investigation, we have reviewed your account record and verified we have accurately reported your account history information to the major credit reporting agencies. We are required to report the account payment history as the customer established it. This requirement maintains the credibility of the information provided to the credit bureaus. Arbitrary changes on our part would undermine that credibility. Since we have reported accurate information pertaining to your account, we are unable to delete or modify the status as reported.

We received and approved a credit card application for you on 7/16/2007. Several purchases were made on the account. Due to non-payment on the account, the balance on this account was charged off as a loss on July 5,2009, and later sold to Encore Capital."

This is my response,

"To Person who wrote me the letter,

Thank you for your quick reply to my letter. I appreciate the time GE capital took to review and investigate a matter of importance to me, however I respectfully disagree to the findings that my account was properly reported to Experian. I have included a copy of the page from my Experian report, dated July 19, 2013, where GE Capital is listed. Not having the correct payment history listed, having a recent balance showing of $1,143, and having a past due date as of 12/2009 is incorrectly negatively impacting my credit report with Experian.

GE Capital clearly believes in me by issuing a recent line of credit, please allow me a second chance at building my credit history. I am not asking you to compromise the credibility of your reporting, I am asking for a gesture of goodwill to remove this account earlier than then 7 years.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my letter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Me "

I realize that this is one long read and I would like to thank anyone in advance for taking the time to read it. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: Need an extra set of eyes for this follow up letter

I actually got the same EXACT letter today from GE after flooding their CEO's email inbox lol.  I am trying everything I can to get my PAYPAL GE SMART CONNECT account either turned into a positive if i can pay them off and it shows closed or at least deleted. Problem is GE sold the account to MIDLAND and they are claiming they cant callback the account and blah blah blah. So I don't know what to tell ya other than I am in your same shoes. My philopophy is, if you bug someone enough they will respond lol

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need an extra set of eyes for this follow up letter

It sounds good.

Since they last updated in March it should not hurt your score if they decide to just update.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.