Regular Contributor
Rlandon87

Need clarification

Ok I have searched this issue for about 3 days now and I'm still unclear - maybe I'm just not understanding it but can someone with some knowledge/experience explain this.

I have two GECRB accounts that were charged off and sold to a CA

GECRB/oldnavy - revolving
Closed. - sold to collection agency
Balance 0$. Charged off
History
Ok-ok-ok-ok-ok-30-60-90-120-kd-kd

Portfolio recovery. --- collection acct
GECRB old navy
Balance 0$
Paid was collection account
History
Kd-kd-kd-kd-kd-kd-nd-kd

Can they both report key derogatories? Is there anything to gain by disputing this?
I have sent gw's to both companies with no response.

Just need clarification on my options
 photo ficos3.jpg
Shogun

Re: Need clarification

Actually, No, Portfolio can't report the Kds.  They are listing themselves as a factoring agency and bypassing the rules for CAs to report.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Regular Contributor
Rlandon87

Should I send a letter to all 3 CRA
and what should I say exactly?

I hate feeling like I need to be spoon fed it's just that I like to know every detail and want to do this the right way.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Regular Contributor
Rlandon87

Dear sir or madam,

It has come to my attention through a recent pull of my credit report that a collection agency, known as Portfolio Recovery, is reporting incorrectly.  

They are bypassing the reporting laws and reporting as a factoring agency. They are also reporting multiple "key derogatory" remarks on the two trade lines they are reporting, again another illegal practice as they are in fact a collection agency and nothing else.

The balance was paid in full on September 7th 2012 but, the aforementioned agency reported that the debt was $37.00 on both accounts. They also added an additional "key derogatory" remark after payment was made IN FULL.  I have receipt of these payments on both accounts.

I hope we can resolve these matters by deleting the false misrepresented trade lines by PORTFOLIO RECOVERY off of my credit history.

I have a typed revised letter to the BBB that I will be sending if these matters do not get resolved. I will also being taking legal action due to the negative effects this false reporting has had on my life events.

I hope this matter can be corrected before further action is warranted.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Regular Contributor
Rlandon87

Would this be an effective letter to the CA and CRA?
 photo ficos3.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}