Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need credit advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need credit advise

Hi my name is Jim and I believe I am addicted to applying for credit and need some help before I destroy myself. Bankruptcy discharged 7/19/13 Now I have like over 20 pulls on credit reports...2 car loans and like 14 lines of credit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Need credit advise

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi my name is Jim and I believe I am addicted to applying for credit and need some help before I destroy myself. Bankruptcy discharged 7/19/13 Now I have like over 20 pulls on credit reports...2 car loans and like 14 lines of credit.

Jim, I don't know what to say.  You realize you have the problem so there is probably little that you don't already know. Pull out your excel sheet and list all your bills, due dates and payments.  Make sure that you never purchase anything that can't be paid off in one month (except car & house).  Don't apply for any credit unless it's a necessity. (If you have 14 lines of credit, there is little that's a necessity. Join the garden and set a date before a minimum date before you'll leave (i.e. 2 years, 5 years).

If all else fails, go to counceling like Alcoholics Anonymous (I'm sure there available for other addictions).

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do need to research a bit more about gardening... I just probaly made my smarest move I believe and joined altra credit union and worked with them to get one of there excellent credit cards.. 8.99% for life on BT as well as 10.99 on purchases my best card yet so I am very happy about that at least. I do not know my limit yet but they know what I want to transfer over to it. Took alot of calling and speaking to alot of people to get approved just do not know for how much yet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I was tier 1................

NOW Visa Non-Rewards Tier 1  8.9% /8.9%

Visa Non-Rewards Tier 2 10.9% /8.9%

Visa Non-Rewards Tier 3 12.9%/ 8.9%

Visa Non-Rewards Secure 12.9%

8.9%

GO

Visa Rewards Tier 1 11.9% / 6.9% Visa Rewards Tier 2 13.9% /8.9% Visa Rewards Tier 3 15.9% /10.9% Visa Rewards Secure 15.9% /10.9%

STUDENT Visa Student Rewards 13.9%       8.9% Visa Student Reward Secure 13.9%

8.9%  SIGNATURE

Visa Signature Rewards 12.9% 12.9%

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

You asked for advice and mine is to stop applying for credit. No one can force you to do so. It's all up to you.

Let all of it age for a good long while.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.