Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help(I'm new at this)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help(I'm new at this)

I have started building over a year ago and here is what I have so far:
1250-comenity(ny&c), offered two CLI within a year(initial was 250)
500-comenity(express), offered CLI after 6 months(initial was 250)
925-cap one secured(is there anyway to make this 'unsecured', now that I have had it well over a year??
500-credit one, not CLI so far, 7months old
300-kohls, 6 months, no CLI either
Also have a 16k auto loan with GM financial
All payments on all accts have been on time

My scores have gone from 400's to 613 for TU and 599 for EQ. Obviously I want more.
But I need advice on how to 'unlock' my cap one,or get another unsecured that will actually approve me. So far I have had no luck, even with the shady cards. Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Need help(I'm new at this)

Have you tried the prequalify link with CAP1 for a Platinum or QS1 card?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have started building over a year ago and here is what I have so far:
1250-comenity(ny&c), offered two CLI within a year(initial was 250)
500-comenity(express), offered CLI after 6 months(initial was 250)
925-cap one secured(is there anyway to make this 'unsecured', now that I have had it well over a year??
500-credit one, not CLI so far, 7months old
300-kohls, 6 months, no CLI either
Also have a 16k auto loan with GM financial
All payments on all accts have been on time

My scores have gone from 400's to 613 for TU and 599 for EQ. Obviously I want more.
But I need advice on how to 'unlock' my cap one,or get another unsecured that will actually approve me. So far I have had no luck, even with the shady cards. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Kbreezy,

Capital One Secured will NOT unsecured. Have you tried their pre-qualify site to see what unsecured cards are available for you?

If you get approved for unsecured Cap One card(s), you can close secured card (I'll let others comment on this) and I would close CreditOne before your next annual fee is due (They suck!)

Good luck with your rebuilding, time is your friend Smiley Happy

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried Cap1 pre-qualify but all I ever get is another secured card recommendation. I noticed a lot of people on here don't like creditone, can you tell me why? So far I haven't had a problem with them.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You listed all the great accomplishments but failed to provide what is keeping your credit score low (these pieces of info will help others assist you with your request Smiley Happy  )

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score(s) are low because of medical bills, lots of them. Also possibly the recent inquiries from my car loan, unbeknownst to me, the dealership sent an inordinate amount of hard pulls and kept sending them even after GM financial approved me. They only stopped after I called them(very angrily).
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh 'officially' the age of my cards is 9 years however that only comes from a card I was an authorized user on and has been paid off since 2010. The active cards are pretty young, the oldest being the cap1 which is only 13 months old.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice. Apply for a Cap 1 QS One. If you have maintained a great payment history for a year, Cap 1 is very good at giving people a chance. If you have  a lot of hard pulls, it won't hurt to try at this point.

The only way you'll ever really get out of sub-prime territory is by addressing the medical collections. There are many posts on this site that may be beneficial to you for getting these removed  Smiley Happy

Good luck to you!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second note. My credit sucked last year: mid 500 scores. I started with a Cap1 secured and they continued to only pre-qual me for another secured. One year later and I have to lines of credit exceeding $20K.  I applied for their unsecured cards even after I was only pre-qualified for secured in the early rebuilding stage and was approved.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the cap1 QS card, but no dice. One of my medical collections is 15k, I don't have that lying around lol.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.