Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help(I'm new at this)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help(I'm new at this)

Sorry for the denial and my bad advice. Again, worth the try as it's not going to harm your credit at this point.

Many on this site have successfully removed medical collections as there are some HIPAA (sp. of acronym probably wrong) rules that limit their ability to report. Do a search in the rebuilding module and you'll find a lot of success stories of removal although I'm not completely familiar with this area as it relates to fair collection reporting...

Really hoping for the best as it sucks that medical collections can hamper one's credit so much. Once can't control an emergency room visit but they can refrain from purchasing a $3K tv from sears.

My husband was once in a car accident and a single, four hour outpatient surgery was $50K. If our auto insurance did not cover this amount, we would be in a bad situation.

Message 11 of 15
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I was going to recommend the Cap1 platinum. I got it when I was 580s with 2 collections reporting and 4 180+ lates from fedloan.

Creditone does suck. But they will offer credit when most wont. Having bad credit is expensive and you can't expect a stellar card without shoveling dung for a while.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried Cap1 pre-qualify but all I ever get is another secured card recommendation. I noticed a lot of people on here don't like creditone, can you tell me why? So far I haven't had a problem with them.

Credit One is a wholely owed subsidiary of Sherman Capital, a very large Junk Debt Buyer AKA LVNV and a few other names. Thats enough for me to avoid them like the plague.

Clearly there are other issues going on if Cap One denied you for the QS1. Whats your profile look like and whats your UTI look like?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Tried the cap1 QS card, but no dice. One of my medical collections is 15k, I don't have that lying around lol.

Ok, lets be clear - did you app for the Quicksilver card or the Quicksilver One card? The former is a "prime" card while the latter is a sub-prime card. The Platinum is also a sub-prime card.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.