Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help Rebuilding paid off car loan

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Need help Rebuilding paid off car loan

I will have my car loan showing paid in full by the end of May. The account have only been reporting to Equifax . Is there anyway I can get the loan to report to Experian and TransUnion? I have a discharged BK7 for 2006,  I need some score points increase with in the next 3 weeks.  I just got some revolving credit in March 2014 have seen some small score increases.  I went to a buy here pay here lot before going to the dealership to ask the salesman if they report to the credit agencies and he stated that they give a 9.9% interest rate, but they do not report to the credit bureau. Along with stating that once I got the loan paid in full I could provide all 3 credit agencies with copies that the account was paid and they would add it to my file. I do not know how true that is and if he was just trying to get me to go ahead and purchase a car. 

Can anyone give me some advice?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help Rebuilding paid off car loan

He was pulling your leg.  They would have to be set up to report to the CRAs.  You can't just take something and submit it to them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Thanks for the information. I felt like he was just trying to make a sale. I am in the market for another car how can I go about making sure that the lender report to all 3 agencies?  The auto loan that I currently have only reported to Equifax which was paid in full on 5/1/14  I am still in the rebuilding stage so it is very important that I get credit for all my long struggle trying to rebound from my negative credit past, paying on time and paying in full etc.

Do you have any suggestion of a lenders that may work with me?

Credit history: 2006 BK7 discharged 2007

4 Revolving credit line open March 2014

Estimate 6 Negative Paid Charge off accounts for 2008

Score around 575 it may increase when the auto loan show paid in full by the end of this month

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you belong to a CU or do business with a bank, they are mainstream lenders and generally report to the CRAs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.