cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help/advice with where to go next...

tag
SBassler1157

Need help/advice with where to go next...

so I've started to pay off debts. I paid one CC in full, well it was to the CA and it's showing nothing on my CR with the bill anymore. I guess that's a good thing?

I have 3 other accounts, 2 with cavalry that are 2k and 9k CC. Before I pay those in full. I'd like to get rid of about 13 baddies off my CR that are medical. They're smaller - ranging from 150-600. 

So the whole "PFD" route would be the ideal way to go with this? And how do I go about doing this? On the phone? Or send a letter to their address? I plan to FULLY pay them to hopefully have them delete them off.

im new to all of this, but I REALLY want my credit improved. It's currently showing 572 for Eq.

for some reason I cannot pull FICO on here, so I need to call them to figure out why, cause I want to. Have the monitoring service.

and advice would be really appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help/advice with where to go next...

@SBassler1157 wrote:

so I've started to pay off debts. I paid one CC in full, well it was to the CA and it's showing nothing on my CR with the bill anymore. I guess that's a good thing? If its not reporting you bet its a good thing.

I have 3 other accounts, 2 with cavalry that are 2k and 9k CC. Before I pay those in full. I'd like to get rid of about 13 baddies off my CR that are medical. They're smaller - ranging from 150-600. 

So the whole "PFD" route would be the ideal way to go with this? And how do I go about doing this? On the phone? Or send a letter to their address? I plan to FULLY pay them to hopefully have them delete them off.

im new to all of this, but I REALLY want my credit improved. It's currently showing 572 for Eq.

for some reason I cannot pull FICO on here, so I need to call them to figure out why, cause I want to. Have the monitoring service.

and advice would be really appreciated!

With medical CAs you can either go the PFD route or attempt the HIPAA Process, you can Google it and contact its creator for assistance it cannot be discussed on this board.  Communications with a CA should always be done in writing to preserve your rights and one other tidbit, dont sign your name on the letters just print or type it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.