Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help cleaning up old derog on lease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help cleaning up old derog on lease

I have one negative on my equifax report from 4yrs ago me and my fiance broke our lease it was only one month and he said ue had talk to him and everything was fine but about 3-4 weeks later I got a letter stating we still owe last month rent well just had moved into a house and 8 month pregnant with second child I didnt have anymoney to pay them so I just completley forgot about them well now 4 month ago I decided to fix my credit because I want to buy a house and have more security for my kids and when I saw that on report my jaw dropped. So I actually found the old letter in my mess of papers and it said what I owe if not paid will report to ca. So I did try to dipute and no go and found out it reset it, I really wish I had found my fico b4 I did. So my question is should I try a pfd or pay it and ask for gw it is still reporting from original landlord companyand it is not in collection and is still open and I look up sol and it is 10 years. I try to look up reviews on them and didnt see much of anything about them bad or good. I still get mad at fiance when I think about its the only thing that is left on any of my report the only thing that is jolding me back beside the lease thing is a short credit history. Please any advice at all

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help cleaning up old derog on lease

Hi there OP,

I have created your own thread on this. I changed the title and left everything else intact.

If its still with the OC as you say I would try the PFD route first they probably are only interested in getting the money at this point. If you cant get it and it hasnt updated in awhile I would probably do the mortgage pull first then settle it with them. An older item that isnt updating on a regular basis will cause a Fico score drop if you dont get the deletion when it updates to paid status.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Offer a pay for deletion of their current reporting.

Also, inquire as to whehter they have assigned collection authority to a debt collector.

If they have, then the debt collector may be preparing to report their collection.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I will try that. Thank you both for your advice

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.