Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help credit family

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help credit family

I had a tax lien on my credit report. I paid it off in July and I would like to know how can I get it removed from all credit reports now that it is satisfied. This will raise my credit score. Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help credit family

I dont believe that Maryland has a specific procedure for getting a state tax lien removed from the public record based solely upon it having been paid.

The CRAs post the tax lien to your credit report based on their review of public record information.

The state does not separately report the tax lien to the CRAs.

You might contact the state comptroller and request info on the procedure for getting tax liens actually vacated from the public record.....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bmore-

First I would research how your state handles paid tax judgements. Specifically determining if you can file paper etc with the court to the recorded public record removed. My state didn't have that provision.

Read this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Credit-Score-Changes-for-2017/td-p/4676265/page/5

Basically the CRA have been removing liens/judgements with minimal effort by us. I would recommend reading the thread in its entirety. Also perform a Google search too, prior to getting started.

My public record was removed without effort from TU/EX. I was eventually successful with the removal of the verified tax judgement from EQ after MOV like letter and frozen LN risk review report.

Oh and if the tax judgement is federal you are golden the Feds have paperwork to get it removed.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Hello Bmoreguy,

I actually am in a similar situation with MD. I Just sent a letter to the Comptroller yesterday morning and within a few hours I received the following email 

"

Good afternoon Mr. xxxxx;

Thanks you for your recent email inquiry. I reviewed your account, your request for Vacate and Withdrawal order issued to remove the lien placed against you, your request has been granted. We will file the Vacate and Withdrawal order in the circuit court where the lien is filed, a copy will be mail to you for your records.

I apologized but we do not know how long the Circuit Court or the Credit Bureaus take to update their files. You will need to contact those agencies in reference to processing time.

Thanks,"

If you are still in need of assistance, I am willing to share with you a copy of the email I sent via PM.

It was due to the research on myfico, that I was able to see that a lot of people had good success with Maryland.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.