Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deciding whether to dispute collection, pay it or let it go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help deciding whether to dispute collection, pay it or let it go

Could anyone expound on my last post? I'd really, really appreciate the help! Thank you so much!

From previous post:

1) So does "Date Opened" on a credit report mean DOFD? If not, where else can I find the DOFD? (See image in previous post for collections info from CR)

2) I guess I'm still confused as to what your advice for action is for me, Robert... Are you stating that I shouldn't do anything and to just ride it out until it falls off the report? (which if the "Date Opened" is the DOFD then that was 11/2005 (a year after he moved out!), and so it should fall off 1 year from now).

3) Or are you stating that I should attempt a PFD even though the chances of it increasing the score are very minimal? (Because in that case, I'd rather not mess with it right now, and accept the higher interest rate for the mortgage and then try and take care of this CO after we've already signed a contract and have moved into our new house, unless someone recommends otherwise.)

4) Also, what about the fact that the collection is only listed under TU and not the others?

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.