cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help dont know where to start

tag
eacue

Need help dont know where to start

So I am new to the credit repair game, unfortunately not new to bad credit.  Have a repo on the report i can't touch, just waiting for it to disappear.  It's 21k and I am a nursing student paying for school out of pocket with loans pending upon graduation.  In addition i have a few collections/charge offs.  I have a few accts from my dad (same name) I will be removing (negatives) and hoping my score will go up even if just a few poiints with that.  My score is 549, got it from checking my credit at a dealership while my gf was buying a car.  I would like to buy a car in the next six months and have my credit repaired and rocking in the next two years so when I graduate as an R.N. I can enjoy life.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help dont know where to start

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Always watch out for your state's SOL. If inside SOL don't do anything to any debt unless you have the $$$ to pay in full. Once you have the $$$ set aside for any given debt, then follow the steps suggested above.

Pay all CCs to $0 except for one and get the remaining under 9% of the CL

That's generic without knowing more.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.