Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in getting medical collections removed

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help in getting medical collections removed

@DonnyP05 wrote:

So, do I PFD each one first? then if agreed pay balance in full, or only offer a certain percentage? Or say I will pay balance in full, only if removed from my reports? 

Do I just pay them and hope they will remove them, otherwise GW them?

What is the best approach to take with PFD? Offer them 50% and see if they will delete them, otherwise see what they need for payment, to do a deletion?

This is what I do!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 11 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

Do I just call up the Collection agency, admit to the debt that it is mine, and then ask them point blank? Or is their a better approach.

Starting Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Current Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Everything that I am writing are things that I have done. Some don't like calling, some say don't admit anything. I just call, ask them what do I owe? Then I normally state that I don't want this on my credit reports and that I want to set up some type of payment to have it deleted. I tell them exactly what I want, if they say no, I ask to speak to a supervisor, or I call back at a later time to get exactly what it is I want.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 13 of 18
rbon
New Contributor

Hopefully they do the PFD. I have 3 on my acct from UW Hospital via State Collection Service. We paid them & I asked SCS and UW to delete and they wouldn't. Makes me mad because we were paying UW $150 month on them and they still turned it over. They wanted $350 month each which we couldn't do at the time due to 3/4 family members with autoimmune disease. So $450/mo and they turn it over, we pay off, and they refuse PFD. Makes me even angrier when I wasn't even guarantor, but WI automatically puts spouse on.
Message 14 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

Everything that I am writing are things that I have done. Some don't like calling, some say don't admit anything. I just call, ask them what do I owe? Then I normally state that I don't want this on my credit reports and that I want to set up some type of payment to have it deleted. I tell them exactly what I want, if they say no, I ask to speak to a supervisor, or I call back at a later time to get exactly what it is I want.

Thanks!!

Message 15 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@rbon wrote:
Hopefully they do the PFD. I have 3 on my acct from UW Hospital via State Collection Service. We paid them & I asked SCS and UW to delete and they wouldn't. Makes me mad because we were paying UW $150 month on them and they still turned it over. They wanted $350 month each which we couldn't do at the time due to 3/4 family members with autoimmune disease. So $450/mo and they turn it over, we pay off, and they refuse PFD. Makes me even angrier when I wasn't even guarantor, but WI automatically puts spouse on.

You might be able to do the HIPPA process on those. I believe they have to be paid first, if yours are. not allowed to talk about it on here but google HIPPA Process. Might help get them removed for you. 

i  will try doing the PFD and see where it gets me. 

Message 16 of 18
rbon
New Contributor

Yes, mine are paid.
Message 17 of 18
cr3dits33ker
Established Member

@DonnyP05 wrote:

Do I just call up the Collection agency, admit to the debt that it is mine, and then ask them point blank? Or is their a better approach.

I found this helpful when trying to clear up old medical bills which had gone to CAs: http://creditcardforum.com/blog/does-pay-for-delete-work/

Don't confirm it is yours, instead come from the angle that you just want to sort out your CRs. Don't give them too much personal information. AND, be friendly and relaxed, you are much more likely to get a good settlement. 

Good luck!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.