Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in getting medical collections removed

tag
DonnyP05
New Contributor

Need help in getting medical collections removed

I have 3 collections on my report from medical bills. These are the last 3 collections I have and then my report will be squeaky clean, minus one paid tax lien that I have no idea on how to get it removed, if its even possible. Its not due to fall off until July of 2018.

I have attached a screen shot showing the 3 medical collections I have left. What is the best way to approach this? To get them removed?

Yes, all 3 of them are mine, and they seem to be accurate.

Starting Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Current Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help in getting medical collections removed

@DonnyP05 wrote:

I have 3 collections on my report from medical bills. These are the last 3 collections I have and then my report will be squeaky clean, minus one paid tax lien that I have no idea on how to get it removed, if its even possible. Its not due to fall off until July of 2018.

I have attached a screen shot showing the 3 medical collections I have left. What is the best way to approach this? To get them removed?

Do Pay for Delete requests directly with the collection agency's reporting the medical bills. Personally my advice is to pay about 65% or the full balance if possible. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 18
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@DonnyP05 wrote:

I'm not seeing a screen shot... But what were the Dates of Delinquencies for your 3 medical collections? They are mainly under written contracts within the statute of limitations for your state, so depending on how old the debts are and how much they are, you can try Validation Letters to those outside the SOL to have them removed from your credit reports, and PFD Letters to attempt to pay off and remove ones still under the SOL for less than the amount you owe. That's what I'm going to be doing with my 10 collections.

Others may have different/better opinions, and technically I'm new here still, but that's what makes the most sense to me. Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

[EDIT] I see the screen shot now. What state do you live in, and was that the state the the debts originated from?

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 3 of 18
sobossy28

Call them and state you will pay only if deleted from all 3 reports. I recently paid settlement amount of $1,500 and requested deletion. They refused to put in writing but I spoke with 3 different people there who assured me it would be removed. Also, they did say it will be done because the balance was so large...

Message 4 of 18
sobossy28

What credit reporting service are you using that shows you estimated month it will be removed?

Message 5 of 18
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@sobossy28 wrote:

Call them and state you will pay only if deleted from all 3 reports. I recently paid settlement amount of $1,500 and requested deletion. They refused to put in writing but I spoke with 3 different people there who assured me it would be removed. Also, they did say it will be done because the balance was so large...

Same thing I would do. If you can't pay all up front, pay each one by itself in hopes for delete or set up a payment plan. Those things have worked for me.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@DonnyP05 wrote:

I'm not seeing a screen shot... But what were the Dates of Delinquencies for your 3 medical collections? They are mainly under written contracts within the statute of limitations for your state, so depending on how old the debts are and how much they are, you can try Validation Letters to those outside the SOL to have them removed from your credit reports, and PFD Letters to attempt to pay off and remove ones still under the SOL for less than the amount you owe. That's what I'm going to be doing with my 10 collections.

Others may have different/better opinions, and technically I'm new here still, but that's what makes the most sense to me. Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

[EDIT] I see the screen shot now. What state do you live in, and was that the state the the debts originated from?

These are from the state of WI, and yes all 3 originated from the same state.

Message 7 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@sobossy28 wrote:

What credit reporting service are you using that shows you estimated month it will be removed?

You receive those when you get your report from Transunion. I believe they are the only ones who list it like that, the others report DoD if im not mistaken.

Message 8 of 18
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@sobossy28 wrote:

Same thing I would do. If you can't pay all up front, pay each one by itself in hopes for delete or set up a payment plan. Those things have worked for me.

Good luck.

So, do I PFD each one first? then if agreed pay balance in full, or only offer a certain percentage? Or say I will pay balance in full, only if removed from my reports? 

Do I just pay them and hope they will remove them, otherwise GW them?

What is the best approach to take with PFD? Offer them 50% and see if they will delete them, otherwise see what they need for payment, to do a deletion?

Message 9 of 18
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@DonnyP05 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@DonnyP05 wrote:

These are from the state of WI, and yes all 3 originated from the same state.

Ok, you can have a look-see here, it has your state's SOL. Medical debts are generally written contracts, so if the DOD was more than 6 years from today's date, a debt validation letter may be in order. From your report you posted, I know one (with Associated Collectors Inc.) will fall outside of your state's SOL this coming October, so if you can wait a few months, sending a debt validation letter in November could get it deleted and they can't sue you for the amount owed, as far as my understanding goes. I'd still search that for yourself, though. As for the other two, I can't be certain because a "Date of last payment" or "date of delinquency" isn't there. Just the date of collection, and that is usually later than the DOD, even by a few years sometimes. I'd search the web about medical debts for Wisconsin specifically, though, just in case. You might find free consultations from lawyers specializing in debt near you, too, and that could definitely help you.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.