Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on a settled Cap One from 2010

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help on a settled Cap One from 2010

I "settled for less than full balance "in 2010 on a Cap one account it "did not charge off "but in the eyes of the fico scoring it is the same. Can not wait for it to age off trying to obtain a mortgage soon. How can I get the settled off the trade line.. Help
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help on a settled Cap One from 2010

The debt is now gone, so there is no basis for offering a pay for deletion.

The process now is to send them a request for their good-will deletion.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if my score would increase if I PIF after all these years. And have them replace the settled for less to paid in full.
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you know if my score would increase if I PIF after all these years. And have them replace the settled for less to paid in full.

Nope and once an account is settled there is no further debt owed it would be improper for them to even accept further payment. Settled or PIF is same in the eyes of Fico,

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I "settled for less than full balance "in 2010 on a Cap one account it "did not charge off "but in the eyes of the fico scoring it is the same. Can not wait for it to age off trying to obtain a mortgage soon. How can I get the settled off the trade line.. Help

No, its really not. Whats likely hurting you scorewise is the individual lates on the account. Try to get a GW deletion of the entire account. You can easily get a mortgage with it on your reports. A settled account is most definitely NOT a show stopper.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had sent an email to EO on the 6th and a lady named Whitney called me said she will inform her manager to see if she could remove.. Well she called yesterday and said NO because they are reporting accurately.. She will get back to me, when she finds out if the recovery team will accept the remainder balance. No promise tho. On Ex and EQ shows no laters Tu has 120 days but all say settled for less then full balance. It's my only Negative item on Reports.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.