cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help or advice about collections account !

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Need help or advice about collections account !

Hi I have two accounts both from ATT mobile and Internet , two separate bills that when I moved I transfered their service with me bc I had been with them several years but after a few mths of moving I realized I was not getting good service here with them, I tried many times to talk to tech support about the issue , they even sent a couple guys out but nothing worked so I decided to go with another company and I didn't even get a final bill bf they send them to collections , anyways I'm trying my best to avoid these from being put on my reports bc it would be devestating to all my hard work at this point to rebuild. Has anyone had any luck with either ATT or CREDENCE CA?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help or advice about collections account !

If they aren't on your reports yet, you want to get ahold of them and satisfy the debt asap. Every day that goes by is another day it can suddenly be reported. Try and see if you pay them, will they not report it to the bureaus.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you I reached out to them this morning and tried to see if they would accept payment plans , they said they only have my account until next mth bf their service contract with ATT ends and it goes back to them, should I pay with ATT or them is my question , they did assure me that since it was so early in collections it would not be added to my reports but the amounts are so expensive and I never recieved my final bills so I told them I didn't agree with the amounts but I want to to everything I can to keep it from reporting , they said it's too early to settle for any less than orginal amount , which I have no way to pay in the next mth so im stuck don't know what to do , I'm gonna try to call att and see if I can set up some arrangements with them .
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they only have the account until next month and it's going back to AT&T, then I'd wait until AT&T has it again then pay AT&T. At that point the CA can't report it because they won't have collection authority to.
Message 4 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's what I am going to do , I would much rather deal with OC anyways . THANKS
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.