cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help or advice please - How do I file a complain - BBB or FCRA and how?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help or advice please - How do I file a complain - BBB or FCRA and how?

I paid my last debt to Regions for a repo from 2010 on 5/16/16. I called at the end of June to inquire when they would update with the CB. They told me that while they show payment received that their systems showed that no update was to be sent. I was like, "Tha'ts odd". The lady on the phone felt the same. She told me I had to file a dispute. I explained to her that I disputed to validate the amount owed, which I was correct and they had to update the amount owed. I then settled for less. I then told her that I cannot file a second dispute as that legally Regions doesn't have to respond to a second dispute. She told me that she could do an internal dispute which would trigger someone to review my account and force an update to the CRBs. I had received a letter whe they agreed to the terms of my settlement, which clearly states once payment was made they would forward the update to the 3 CRBs. The lady that filed the dispute told me it would take up to 20 days to be processed and report to the CRBs. Well, it's now past 22 days. What did happen during the 20 day period is that they do was put an a new "last activity date" on 3/3 CRBs and 2 of which indicate that the month (Juy) of this new active is that it is "not paid" and the month is in red. I am so pissed.

I'd like to file a complaint. Who do I do it with? And, how exactly do I do that? BBB or FCRA?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help or advice please - How do I file a complain - BBB or FCRA and how?

You can file with the CFPB and upload a copy of the letter from Regions.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help or advice please - How do I file a complain - BBB or FCRA and how?

Many companies have a two step process where it updates once for payment and then the next is closing it out. This can take CR companies 30-60 days for some of them.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid my last debt to Regions for a repo from 2010 on 5/16/16. I called at the end of June to inquire when they would update with the CB. They told me that while they show payment received that their systems showed that no update was to be sent. I was like, "Tha'ts odd". The lady on the phone felt the same. She told me I had to file a dispute. I explained to her that I disputed to validate the amount owed, which I was correct and they had to update the amount owed. I then settled for less. I then told her that I cannot file a second dispute as that legally Regions doesn't have to respond to a second dispute. She told me that she could do an internal dispute which would trigger someone to review my account and force an update to the CRBs. I had received a letter whe they agreed to the terms of my settlement, which clearly states once payment was made they would forward the update to the 3 CRBs. The lady that filed the dispute told me it would take up to 20 days to be processed and report to the CRBs. Well, it's now past 22 days. What did happen during the 20 day period is that they do was put an a new "last activity date" on 3/3 CRBs and 2 of which indicate that the month (Juy) of this new active is that it is "not paid" and the month is in red. I am so pissed.

I'd like to file a complaint. Who do I do it with? And, how exactly do I do that? BBB or FCRA?  

No offense...but this is for EVERYONE....

STOP trying to freaking practice freaking LAW...you re NOT lawyers and if you don't KNOW this game you will end up BURNING your own as

"I then told her that

I cannot file a second dispute

as that legally Regions doesn't have to respond ."

Let's be CLEAR...

1) A 'real' legal mind would NEVER TELL the other side...what your side could or couldn't file...basically PROCLAIMING 'Im eff'd here...our side has NOWHERE to go"

a) That is NOT true and even if it were only a moronic lawyer in need of firing would say such a thing to the other side...again STOP trying to use/practice if you don't know what you're doing. Have you EVER heard a lawyer say 'we can NOT file against you... what?

2) Where does it say that one can't file a 2nd time...sorry let me answer it does NOT say any such thing...as a matter of fact information must be 100% PREFECT and 100% timely or indeed another and another dispute ABSOLUTELY can be filed.

And the BURDEN to get get 100% correct is on the OTHER side NOT the consumer but the data furnisher, just like in criminal court the burden is on THEM and if they can't make it FIT they must acquit it off your report, period!

3) Absolutely they must respond and even if they didn't HAVE TO...

why in the world would YOU 'tell' THEM that they LEGALLY...Don't have to...are YOU THEIR attorney are you working FOR THEM or you?

This is an example why ppl hire folks who know what they are doing.....all that YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FOR FREE is hogwash if you aren't competent or overstep into 'thinking' you know more than you do....again NO OFFENSE...I can't fix a toaster or change my brakes but this stuff i've been doing for 25 years I know my lane...you won't catch me TELLING a painter or plumber how ish works based upon my e-book reading or Dave Ramesy listening....

The funny thing is if the dispute isn't resonded to ...which it very well may not have been due the the creditor having been paid the account generally would just get DELETED due to the non-response...which is BETTER than the 'setteled for less' in thew 1st place.....that's why EXPERIENCE in the field can NOT be overlooked.

Book knowledge is one thing understanding how it is in the FIELD is another....the fact is filing a dispute stating the info is incorecct ...and it is, is NOT an untrue statement and certainly is within the 'accused debtor's rights' (if vthey don't eff 'em up...just like in crimianl law keep your mouth SHUT) to dispute the INACCURATE reporting on their reports too many times debtors want to TELL everybody what the deal is when many times being VAGUE works FOR you....

These companies get many disputes, the vendor will in many cases see the dispute on the fuile you've been PAID on and not bother with 'correcting' ish thus allowing the CRA to just delete the file...the vendor doesn't CARE...they've been paid as agreed, it's not WORTH their time/effort/resources they have the money the case is over as far as they are concerned....take your victory and go home......

These companies are actually creating PFD w/o explictly saying saying so...it happens all day but too many 'don't-know-it-all' folks don't know when to take a bow and keep looking gifthorses in their mouths...

I would dispute in GENERAL 1st before I start giving EVIDENCE on 'paying LESS than agreed to satisfy' a bad debt vs one that might just get DELETED altogether

or you can just prove how RIGHT you are and TELL them how to report it the 'right way' ...it's up to you:0

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

STOP trying to freaking practice freaking LAW...you re NOT lawyers and if you don't KNOW this game you will end up BURNING your own as

Are you a lawyer? Just saying...

Anyway, If you already filed a dispute with the CRA's and it came back verified, I would send a Method of Verification letter to the CRA's regarding this account. You can find a sample here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/MOV-Sample-Letter-2nd-request-to-CRA/td-p/222507

This is a right due to FCRA section 611 (a) (7): Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

If it does not fulfill FCRA's reinvestigation/dispute requirements, or they do not comply with the request within 15 days, the next move is to send an intent to file a complaint with the CFPB.

Regarding your contact with Regions: Has it been 20 business days? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"I then told her that

I cannot file a second dispute

as that legally Regions doesn't have to respond ."

Let's be CLEAR...

1) A 'real' legal mind would NEVER TELL the other side...what your side could or couldn't file...basically PROCLAIMING 'Im eff'd here...our side has NOWHERE to go"

a) That is NOT true and even if it were only a moronic lawyer in need of firing would say such a thing to the other side...again STOP trying to use/practice if you don't know what you're doing. Have you EVER heard a lawyer say 'we can NOT file against you... what?

2) Where does it say that one can't file a 2nd time...sorry let me answer it does NOT say any such thing...as a matter of fact information must be 100% PREFECT and 100% timely or indeed another and another dispute ABSOLUTELY can be filed.

And the BURDEN to get get 100% correct is on the OTHER side NOT the consumer but the data furnisher, just like in criminal court the burden is on THEM and if they can't make it FIT they must acquit it off your report, period!

3) Absolutely they must respond and even if they didn't HAVE TO...

why in the world would YOU 'tell' THEM that they LEGALLY...Don't have to...are YOU THEIR attorney are you working FOR THEM or you?

This is an example why ppl hire folks who know what they are doing.....all that YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FOR FREE is hogwash if you aren't competent or overstep into 'thinking' you know more than you do....again NO OFFENSE...I can't fix a toaster or change my brakes but this stuff i've been doing for 25 years I know my lane...you won't catch me TELLING a painter or plumber how ish works based upon my e-book reading or Dave Ramesy listening....

The funny thing is if the dispute isn't resonded to ...which it very well may not have been due the the creditor having been paid the account generally would just get DELETED due to the non-response...which is BETTER than the 'setteled for less' in thew 1st place.....that's why EXPERIENCE in the field can NOT be overlooked.

Book knowledge is one thing understanding how it is in the FIELD is another....the fact is filing a dispute stating the info is incorecct ...and it is, is NOT an untrue statement and certainly is within the 'accused debtor's rights' (if vthey don't eff 'em up...just like in crimianl law keep your mouth SHUT) to dispute the INACCURATE reporting on their reports too many times debtors want to TELL everybody what the deal is when many times being VAGUE works FOR you....

These companies get many disputes, the vendor will in many cases see the dispute on the fuile you've been PAID on and not bother with 'correcting' ish thus allowing the CRA to just delete the file...the vendor doesn't CARE...they've been paid as agreed, it's not WORTH their time/effort/resources they have the money the case is over as far as they are concerned....take your victory and go home......

These companies are actually creating PFD w/o explictly saying saying so...it happens all day but too many 'don't-know-it-all' folks don't know when to take a bow and keep looking gifthorses in their mouths...

I would dispute in GENERAL 1st before I start giving EVIDENCE on 'paying LESS than agreed to satisfy' a bad debt vs one that might just get DELETED altogether

or you can just prove how RIGHT you are and TELL them how to report it the 'right way' ...it's up to you:0

Gemini,

The ABC with a check under it is a helpful tool, just saying...

And, I have attempted a secondary disputes before. I've had letters sent back to me from OC stating that they are considering my second dispute a frivolous act and by law do not need to knowledge it and won't be. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOW

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you a lawyer? Just saying...

Anyway, If you already filed a dispute with the CRA's and it came back verified, I would send a Method of Verification letter to the CRA's regarding this account. You can find a sample here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/MOV-Sample-Letter-2nd-request-to-CRA/td-p/222507

This is a right due to FCRA section 611 (a) (7): Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

If it does not fulfill FCRA's reinvestigation/dispute requirements, or they do not comply with the request within 15 days, the next move is to send an intent to file a complaint with the CFPB.

Regarding your contact with Regions: Has it been 20 business days? 

Lowkey, Yeah I am coming up on 30 days. I think I will take your advice and write the CRAs. Thank you for the help, this is what I was looking for. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.