Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help raising my credit score.

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Need help raising my credit score.

I am trying to raise our credit scores to hopefully get a house next year but need help on what I need to do

This is everything on my credit report.

1. I have a repo from 4/13 with amount owed $7774.00 on my acct with Santander. I just received a letter from a collector last month requesting payment.

2. I have a wage garnishment from the DOE for student loans in the total amount of 4000.00 owed.. On my experian credit report it shows Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 5/2017. I posted previously if possible, to do a rehab at the same time as the wage garnishment to get it off my credit before 2017.

3. Medical bills on my report that total 1400, prehippa letters have been sent out 4/6/2015.

4. A medical bill that is a paid collection on report.

5. 1 afni collection for at&t that I sent a debt validation 4/5/15 to in the amount of 145.00. I live in Texas so I guess that is a plus, hopefully they can't validate in the 30 days.

6. I have a positive mark with a truck loan that is in good standing, never late. 1 more year and it will be paid off.

7. Applied for a Target card online that said I will get a notice in 7-10 days which means I was denied.

8. Secured credit card we got 2 months ago from our credit union

My husbands credit report only shows Santander repo, truck payment being paid on time, and the credit card from our bank.

My score is 591 and my husbands is 639 and he was approved for a Walmart card today for 250.  What should we do next to get our scores up high enough to get a mortgage loan. We are aiming before 6/2015 when our lease is up for renewal.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.