Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help rebuilding!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help rebuilding!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've been researching for weeks.  I'm trying to rebuild my credit so that I can purchase a home in Summer of 2017 (wishful thinking I know ).  I lost my job a few years back and fell behind on my car payments.  I managed to make each payment but they were usually 30-40 days late.  I've been avoiding my credit since 2013 and I'm finallly ready to purchase a home and get my credit together.  I pulled my FICO scores and reports.  Below is a preview of what I'm working with. (it's really SAD)

EQ- 521

TU - 464

EX - 524

2 Collection accts

Sprint -  $1100 - 2013
Verizon - $800 - 2014

2 Medical Collections both reporting from 2010 totalling $500. -

1 Installment (Car note Santander) - Showing 20 or more  late payments. 

A state tax lien/judgement from NYS for $2235.  I had no knowledge of this judgment since I' haven't lived in NYC since 2008, and never received a letter. EQ - is reporitng as satisfied (Legal) - TU reporting (Tax Lien) and EX - doesn't state the type of judgement or status.

I don't have any revolving credit.  My question is,  where do I start???  I have the My FiCO monitoring feature and I'm ready to build but I'm so confused.  Please help.

Thanks so much! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help rebuilding!

Is everything paid off or settled on your most current credit report? I was in a similiar situation as you. I had a 445 score and now finally have a 650. I was young and didn't care too much about creidt (paid for it now).

Start off small. Get a secured credit card ($300-$500), and use it for your essentials. That would be gas/food. Pay it off every month on time and start to see your credit improving. As time goes by, you can request a credit limit increase and make your payments on time.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help rebuilding!

Thanks for your reply.  No I haven't paid anything off or settled.  I'm calling the NYS department of taxation to see if I can set up a payment arrangement.  Other than that I'm lost. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.