Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing a collection

tag
joxnard805
Established Member

Need help removing a collection

Hello,

I am finally trying to rebuild my credit and have 3 collections.

#1 has been paid for and the CA never reported to TU, but now CA is out of business, as i have called and number has been disconnected and i also googled their state license and it has been revoked by the state in which they operated in, so i am thinking of calling TU and disputing it.

#2 progressive management, i have not sent out a DV, but i know i owe them. Hospital reported me to them. should i send a DV or just a  straight PFD?

#3 capstone financial management in atlanta - i was sent to this CA by north american bancard, which is a merchant credit card processor. I originally only applied with them to see if i was approved for their services, but never agreed/signed documents for their credit card services. I sent a DV, and they emailed me back a contract  signed but with my name mispelled, and a contract that i did not signed, i called CA again, and i explained to them signature on contract was not mine but they dont care, they want my money. How should i handle this collection?

Appreciate any helpful insights!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help removing a collection

#1...I would dispute with TU and explain to them.

#2...IF you really know you owe them and its correct amount, just go straight to PFD.

#3...IF you didnt sign anything then you didnt authorized them, dispute it. Do you have proof or some kind of document to back you up?

Message 2 of 8
joxnard805
Established Member

no i dont have any proof. its basically their word against mine. Their reporting to all 3 CBs, if i dispute most likely they will reply to dispute with contract that i supposively signed. I dont know how to approach this, should i just dispute and take it from there? BTW, thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You dont have to sign anything..Dont get yourself fool by them.  I would do a DV, and then dispute it and wait for their reply. In the mean time look up if that CA are register and license to your state, if they are not they have no rigth to collect debt from you.  You next step would complaint to CFPB.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

#1 has been paid for and the CA never reported to TU, but now CA is out of business, as i have called and number has been disconnected and i also googled their state license and it has been revoked by the state in which they operated in, so i am thinking of calling TU and disputing it.

If they never reported to TU, there is nothing to dispute.

#2 progressive management, i have not sent out a DV, but i know i owe them. Hospital reported me to them. should i send a DV or just a  straight PFD?

If it has been more than 30 days since their dunning notice, a DV would be untimely.  

#3 capstone financial management in atlanta - i was sent to this CA by north american bancard, which is a merchant credit card processor. I originally only applied with them to see if i was approved for their services, but never agreed/signed documents for their credit card services. I sent a DV, and they emailed me back a contract  signed but with my name mispelled, and a contract that i did not signed, i called CA again, and i explained to them signature on contract was not mine but they dont care, they want my money. How should i handle this collection?

File a police report and send a copy to the CRA, and request blockage of the info from your credit report under FCRA 605B.

If willing to put into a sworn police report your statement that you never authori\ed the account, no proofs or CRA dispute is necessary.

Message 5 of 8
joxnard805
Established Member

LOL, i am sorry. for #1 they did report to TU, i am half asleep. i will dispute that one. For #3, i just go file a police report saying they forged my signature? send a copy to CA and to the 3 CBs?

Thanks for the reply.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You dont have to say anyone forged anything.

All you need to swear in the police report is that you never applied for or authorized the account that created the debt.

The inference is then that if the creditor has documents using your name, then someone used your identity.

The entire purpose of the FCRA identity fheft process of section 605B is to obtain blockage of the information from your credit report based only on your sworn statement, wth no need for any "proofs."

You are not responsible for determining how or why an account was opened in your name, or proving anything.

Message 7 of 8
joxnard805
Established Member

i have read in other posts that they send in FTC affidavit to the CRAs, will it help me out or is it required? i already filed a police report, i am going to pick it up on wednesday.

another thing i did not mention, i noticed this collection on my credit report early last year, i talked to CA and explained to them this account wasnt mine and they told me to file a police report and send it to them. I never did file  police report until today, by not following up with this issue until now affect me in any way with CRAs? truly i never authorized this account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.