Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing old late pay

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Need help removing old late pay

I need help removing old late pay from a student loan. I had been waiting for my first loan payment installment and even called the college I attended. This was the 1st federal student I had acquired. The school told me that the Dept of Ed would contact me and not worry about it.

After pulling my credit report in Oct/Nov 2013, I saw a loan company called Great Lakes on my credit report. I contacted them to find out what it was about and indeed it was my US Dept Student Loan. When I ask them why they did not send a payment booklet they told me they sent the notifications to an old email that was once shared with my ex husband and no longer used. I was so frustrated. They never left me a voice message regarding any of this. My correct address was on file yet they don't do hard copy mail? I have not missed one installment. I ask the supervisor if they could help me with this and she said the credit dept refused. Ugh!

If anyone has some advise Is really appreciate it.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.